Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats The Best Firewall

Poster
    BlackIce. Provides great protection and easy to use highly customizleable.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    As many people have said use Zone Alarm as a firewall it is simple to use and relatively good protection.

But do also use NSW 2003. It will catch virus's such as W32-Nimba.M@mm that can exploit open shares on your computer even if you do have Zone Alarm.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Whats The Best Firewall, Help a tramp out
    the best firewall would have to be a hardware one. but for software firewalls they are all pretty much the same.

agnitum outpost is my favourite

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    I used to love Black Ice But I had to uninstall it 2 days ago as it was causing major disk errors.(cluster losses)
    I ran it for months with little problems then all of a sudden it started to conflict with norton and I eventually had to reformat.
    Also there were leaks.
    Things did get through when it was'nt supposed to.
    Go here and dl leakTest from Gibson Research
    http://grc.com/default.htm
    They have all kinds of stuff to test your firewall.
    Also problems have recently been discoverd with Black Ice and pulled from some dl sites.
    Ask Balamm if you want more info!

I wish they would fix it because I really rather would run it instead of ZAP.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@13 May 2003 - 20:14
    I used to love Black Ice But I had to uninstall it 2 days ago as it was causing major disk errors.(cluster losses)
    I ran it for months with little problems then all of a sudden it started to conflict with norton and I eventually had to reformat.
    Also there were leaks.
    Things did get through when it was'nt supposed to.
    Go here and dl leakTest from Gibson Research
    http://grc.com/default.htm
    They have all kinds of stuff to test your firewall.
    Also problems have recently been discoverd with Black Ice and pulled from some dl sites.
    Ask Balamm if you want more info!

I wish they would fix it because I really rather would run it instead of ZAP.
    Ok i dont know wtf your talking about. Maybe this has only happen to you. But all my friends and I who use BlackIce have never had these problems you discovered. Whatever happen to you must be rare.

Disk Errors. WTF!!!! and you had to reformat you must have one fu*cked up comp seriosuly. I think you are giving Blackice a bad name because it is a great product and seems error free to me.

Also most hackers i know agree that BlackIce is the best to use from protections. ZAP has a lot of holes and easy to get through so if you want to know what protects you best against ppl who do this to you i would surely go with BlackIce.

DEFINATELY NOW ZAP. Go with NPF 2003 if you have to.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    I use Sygate Pro and works fine never had any problems with it, so I can suggest it from personal use. And I also hear alot of good things about Zone Alarm, I am thinking about trying it out myself. You know it is funny that you talk so highly of Black Icesince alot of sites do not offer it as a dl anymore, because it is full of holes. :beerchug:

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Mark Twain

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by TRshady@13 May 2003 - 08:58
    correction: Norton systemworks does not contain "norton firewall".
    yep.....its norton internet security that has norton personal firewall in it

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast