Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rapper With Best

They see a rapper wear baggy clothes then the gangsters wear baggy clothes. A rapper says a shoe is "tight" gangsters buy, steal or jump people for the shoes. They start useing the made up words. And i think anyone whose talent only consists of looking good and getting up to dance to a beat machine is not a musician.

New words- "word" "yo" "sup" "fo sho" "shizill" "boyy" "frontin" are a few.

2. Music   -   #32
    so now you're saying that because fashion follows music, it's a bad thing?
    it doesn't only happen in rap, how many people do you see each day wearing baggy jeans, huge chains and caps that are "grungers" or "moshers".
    you can't say that because those who follow music wear the same clothes as the stars that the musical genre itself is inherently flawed.

p.s. you still haven't listed any "made up" words yet

edit: above words added while typing

3. Music   -   #33
    Originally posted by thedrocks16@14 May 2003 - 21:12
    They see a rapper wear baggy clothes then the gangsters wear baggy clothes. A rapper says a shoe is "tight" gangsters buy, steal or jump people for the shoes. They start useing the made up words. And i think anyone whose talent only consists of looking good and getting up to dance to a beat machine is not a musician.

New words- "word" "yo" "sup" "fo sho" "shizill" "boyy" "frontin" are a few.
    "word" is a new word?? wtf, how silly are you?
    how long has "yo" been in use, and is it limited to only rap?
    "fo sho" as you say, is a slant on for sure, it is not a new phrase in itself.
    "shizil" i have never personally heard in any rap songs
    "boyy" wtf again, boy is a real word, how can you say that rappers put an extra 'y' on? they may just extend the first 'y', they need not add another one.
    "frontin'" is another slant on fronting. it's not a new word

4. Music   -   #34
    i know some rock band do it but nothing i listen to. the thing is that every rapper does dance around or do there gangsta thing.

"you can't say that because those who follow music wear the same clothes as the stars that the musical genre itself is inherently flawed."

there is a word for that, poser.

--they use the words in the wrong context and give them a new meaning. snoop dawg says shizzle

5. Music   -   #35
    so because the rock you listen do doesn't use the word "yo", that's ok for rock, but for rap it's not allowed. i wouldn't think you listened to rap either, so why does it bother you to the extent it does?

i've seen quite a few rap videos in my time, and i very rarely see rappers dancing. is this dancing in the classical ballroom snese? or is it a new form of dancing they have invented?

and what does doing their gangsta thing mean?
    if you mean carrying guns for protection then maybe they really need to carry those guns. for example, probably the hottest artist currently (50 cent) has been shot a total of 9 times.
    also, a lot of people are interested in the "gangsta thing".
    what's wrong with people posing?
    if some people think they look good wearing new clothes or doing the "gangsta thing" then who are you to rain on their parade?

6. Music   -   #36
    more made up words and phrases

- that the mother f*** "cut" "dawg".

- wansta

- cracka

- your grill is wack dawg

- off the hizzle for shizzle

7. Music   -   #37
    Why arn't the rap videos about the drum machine.

--posing is being something you're not. I think theres something wrong with that

8. Music   -   #38
    Originally posted by thedrocks16@14 May 2003 - 21:38
    Why arn't the rap videos about the drum machine.

--posing is being something you're not. I think theres something wrong with that
    fronting is being something you're not
    posing is showing off
    motherf**ker is not a new word, it's an amalgamation of two current words, and has been used for many years (and not just in the rap world too)
    i assume by wansta you mean wanksta?
    "cracka" isn't a new word either
    "wack" has been used for may years and grew up in black culture, not rap
    i'm not even gonna address off the hizzle for shizzle

9. Music   -   #39
    that, the, your, is, wack, off, the, for and mother f*** are all not new word that rappers made. I thought you might be able to figure that out.

showing off is showing off posing is (from the dictionary) to affect an attitude or character usually to deceive or impress

10. Music   -   #40
    A funny one that rappers say a lot is "i'm real" which none are.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast