Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site Help

TRshady
    ok, this is my first attempt ever at making a site and I'm getting on quite well. The thing I can't get right is the animatoins using xara. I see loads of sigs using them and the qualitys great, so what am I doing wrong?

The animation looks amazing in xara but when exported loses all its quality, can anyone help?

My site

honestly, this is not done for hits, I really do want to create a good quality site (yes, using shitty geocities ).

2. Lounge   -   #2
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    do you mean the letters swelling in the img http://www.geocities.com/trshadysworld/tr.gif?
    that gif is huge man
    something isn't right
    for the limited effect i don't think the file weight is justified as it doen't add content
    i'd recomend using MM fireworks for animating and optimizing web graphix
    i imagine xara has a very wizard interface 'type text here' 'select animationstyle' etc. fireworks is a real pixel mill so you'll never need to get anything else for the net but may have a learning curve compared to xara
    pallette bredth and the way the image is anti aliased will also effect the visual flavor of the gif

also [b] & <font> tags are being depreciated so use [i] & [b] rather than [i] and [b] and use CSS to style your text [also get cool control of links and scrollbars] also too many empty

s
    try to use logical heirarchic tags like the heading tags better
    shame it&#39;s all M&#036;, beware of the fuz and view source

3. Lounge   -   #3
    TRshady
    Thanks for the reply and advice , I&#39;m using ms frontpage and only no basic html so the second paragraph made no sense to me . I suppose I&#39;ll try fireworks as you recommend but the sigs on this board look excellent and thats using xara so I wanted to know what I was doing wrong.

Thanks anyway

btw, that link to the pic don&#39;t work but yes it&#39;s the animation at the top of my page.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    yeah the link is weird
    initially i just put in the url of the img without bb tagging it as a link and the board automatically made it a link which didn&#39;t work
    so i edited the tagging so it was a link and it still won&#39;t work
    but if you paste it into your browser it does work
    some kinda referer detection i guess

you&#39;ve gotta learn html, it&#39;s the bottom line of this web thing and soooooo basic and microsoft aren&#39;t good people to learn from so be careful
    read alistapart to see how crazy it can get while learning some helpful advice

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Fucking Hell. That image is huge.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    TRshady
    ok, changed it back, and undergone major revamp.
    Getting mm studio now, that should help me.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Hey TRshady i hate to be a downer but as soon as geocities(yahoo) finds that your hosting roms on your site they shut you down.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    TRshady
    damn, I was hoping this weren&#39;t true , oh well ...... rush and get &#39;em&#33;

I need a good hoster butcan&#39;t find any

Can you see any ads when you visit my site?

It seems I have none

oh, I hate geocities. And all I want to do is help others :&#39;(

9. Lounge   -   #9
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    to find a host for that kinda game you&#39;ll need to find someone with asian or eastern european language skills to help you register where they don&#39;t worry so much about copyright

10. Lounge   -   #10
    TRshady, Your got my vote, nice one mate.
    It&#39;s gr8 2 c an Emulator that works, and thank you.
    Brings back some good mem&#39;s of the saga days.
    Keep it up mate
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast