Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Thread: "Kramer" Is A Fucking Bitch

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Okay, let me get this straight:

1. "Nigger" is a word whose origin is white vernacular, historically used by white European types to refer to blacks since the days of slavery.

2. Use of the word in this day and age by whites in any context at all is quite rightfully regarded as maximally offensive to blacks, as such use connotes eternally inescapable racism.

3. Conversely, blacks have appropriated the word "nigger" exclusively for black-on-black use, which context they are entirely comfortable with.

4. Unrestricted use of this otherwise supremely offensive word among blacks is not seen by them as ironic.

I stumbled across this the other day:
    You stumbled across it?

You are clueless. I just explained it to you. You still don't get it. Actually others have explained it too. You still don't get it.

Among some blacks, it is not offensive and it similar to some jokingly calling each other motherfucker. Normally that would be offensive. When it is used in such a manner, it is not.

In some cases, I might jokingly call a friend a gorilla. In some cases, I have been called a house negro (cuz I'm light skinned). In some cases, we joke about a dark skinned black person and tell him that he's so black that the only time I can see him in the dark is if he smiles.

Now cuz we say it, are we supposed to not be offended automatically cuz a white says the thing. Am I supposed to say to myself, "Self, we are all equal so everything's cool."

Fuck no.

I don't run around calling white folks cracker, o-fey, or whitey to be a smartass. The double standard would come in if I did that and then got bent outta shape if they called me a nigger. White folks talking down to blacks with that "brother" shit is a clue that they are clueless also.

Some people are simply racially ignorant.

Funny enough, I have heard white folks jokingly call each other crackers, o-fey, and whitey and didn't feel the need to join in. That was their thing.

I have even seen white and black men jokingly call each other racial slurs. In those cases they were good friends.

THEY KNEW THEIR AUDIENCE.
    You've missed my point repeatedly.

You are speaking of the real world, and I agree that such usage as you describe can exist without giving offense on the one hand, while absolutely failing the sniff-test on the other.

What is undeniable, however, is that another such bellwether buzzword is "equality", the definition of which your statements do not countenance.

It follows logically that you should be able to see my argument rather easily, even considering it's theoretical nature, but it seems you aren't capable of admitting anything you do doesn't make sense when considered from the standpoint of logic.

Funny, too, that your rejection of logic always seems to revolve around the issue of race.

I am mystified by this, as I've seen you exercise it with a small degree of aplomb in other arguments...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #172
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. Lounge   -   #173
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    That's the first time I've evar laughed at pauly shore.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

4. Lounge   -   #174
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post

Man he totally bitched up. It's pretty bad when you beg and still get knocked out.

5. Lounge   -   #175

You stumbled across it?

You are clueless. I just explained it to you. You still don't get it. Actually others have explained it too. You still don't get it.

Among some blacks, it is not offensive and it similar to some jokingly calling each other motherfucker. Normally that would be offensive. When it is used in such a manner, it is not.

In some cases, I might jokingly call a friend a gorilla. In some cases, I have been called a house negro (cuz I'm light skinned). In some cases, we joke about a dark skinned black person and tell him that he's so black that the only time I can see him in the dark is if he smiles.

Now cuz we say it, are we supposed to not be offended automatically cuz a white says the thing. Am I supposed to say to myself, "Self, we are all equal so everything's cool."

Fuck no.

I don't run around calling white folks cracker, o-fey, or whitey to be a smartass. The double standard would come in if I did that and then got bent outta shape if they called me a nigger. White folks talking down to blacks with that "brother" shit is a clue that they are clueless also.

Some people are simply racially ignorant.

Funny enough, I have heard white folks jokingly call each other crackers, o-fey, and whitey and didn't feel the need to join in. That was their thing.

I have even seen white and black men jokingly call each other racial slurs. In those cases they were good friends.

THEY KNEW THEIR AUDIENCE.
    You've missed my point repeatedly.

You are speaking of the real world, and I agree that such usage as you describe can exist without giving offense on the one hand, while absolutely failing the sniff-test on the other.

What is undeniable, however, is that another such bellwether buzzword is "equality", the definition of which your statements do not countenance.

It follows logically that you should be able to see my argument rather easily, even considering it's theoretical nature, but it seems you aren't capable of admitting anything you do doesn't make sense when considered from the standpoint of logic.

Funny, too, that your rejection of logic always seems to revolve around the issue of race.

I am mystified by this, as I've seen you exercise it with a small degree of aplomb in other arguments...

I haven't missed it. It's why I posted the link (before you made your point).

PR-wise there was no way to ban the word for a particular group. Damon Wayans was an idiot for saying it knowing full well he shouldn't. That's a case of know your audience but know your place of work.

I have coworkers that I can say that around but if my second level hears me say it, it's not good for job security.

I thought that point was CaptainObvious.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 12-13-2006 at 12:22 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #176
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

Yes, you have.

I've been making the same point since page two, and you still don't get it.

Enjoy your thread.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #177

Yes, you have.

I've been making the same point since page two, and you still don't get it.

Enjoy your thread.
    Mmk. I gave you too much credit then.

So I was right about you being clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by jay
    If black-on-black use of the word is okay, then other contexts are legitimate as well.
    No, not really. (oh and that was page 3).
    Last edited by Busyman™; 12-13-2006 at 12:23 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #178
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post

Man he totally bitched up. It's pretty bad when you beg and still get knocked out.

conspiracy surrounds events
    Last edited by vidcc; 12-13-2006 at 01:23 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718