Thread: DSL G-624T Router problem

threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12

Question Mark

hello again. my router has developed a habit of losing internet connection recently. This only happens when i am using both the upstairs and dowstairs pc at the same time and occurs more if i am downloading a torrent file. It will lose connectivity to the internet and also the wireless network will go down leaving me to have to go back to the downstairs pc and use the old modem.

Any ideas?

I am checking the firmware as we speak and will edit

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    yea i was gonna say check firmware. but what are the specs on that modem? can it handle the bandwith use of torrents. o yea, instead of using your old modem just unplug and plug the router back in.

my netgear loses its connection sometimes(bout 1-2 a week). you might think about getting a wireless card 4 your desktop. that way you can move your router, so its not such a long walk.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    just tried looking for firmware...www.dlink.co.uk seems to have died...typical... looking about though, is the 604 another version of the 624?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    did you try your router's config website? not sure about d-links but most routers, you can type you ip address in your browser. it might have a firmware check there, as well as other options.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i have tried this option but no joy, it just says find the firmware upgrade on your pc and install from there. me not being an expert does not help either. but for now, i can just go down the road of download the files onto the downstairs pc and transfer them to upstairs, but once again, thanks.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    is that model # right.... cuz i cant find that product newhere