Thread: How to stop hosting in azureus

man2069us's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I pressed the host button located on top of the Azureus UI by mistake for a couple of my torrents. They now show as hosted with a tracker url beginning with dht: ... I tried removing and adding the folder again by downloading the torrent file but they're still showing as hosted. Does anyone know how can i get it back to the default tracker url.

Thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    uninstall azureus, install utorrent, problem solved

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Is there any major advantage utorrent has over azureus apart from taking less system resources. Also ... i probably will migrate to utorrent eventually but till then can someone please gimme a solution to my current problem (before this becomes azureus vs utorrent thread )

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    View > My Shares
    try removing the torrents from there.

I have the distributed database and distributed tracker disabled, as I have no use for the DHT, considering I only use private sites 95% of the time. it saves alot of hassle...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by man2069us View Post
    Is there any major advantage utorrent has over azureus apart from taking less system resources. Also ... i probably will migrate to utorrent eventually but till then can someone please gimme a solution to my current problem (before this becomes azureus vs utorrent thread )
    utorrent i can find how to manually set the priority of a file im seeding. azureus does it automatically, and i thought it was great, but its really annoying at times and i cant find out how to set them manually.

also azureus has plugins that are awesome

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    View > My Shares
    try removing the torrents from there.
    Thanks a ton .. lysine .. that worked

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    You can set utorrent to set priority auto as well. Its in the settings menu.

As far as Utorrent over AZ. Less ram usage in general would even possibly speed up your downloads as well depending on your pc specs and broadband specs. Less ram your using for junky clients the more your pc has to use to write to the hd with.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    LinkS v2.0's Avatar LinkS BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by syD View Post
    uninstall azureus, install utorrent, problem solved
    fanboys FTL
    Mr Angry

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    As far as Utorrent over AZ. Less ram usage in general would even possibly speed up your downloads as well depending on your pc specs and broadband specs. Less ram your using for junky clients the more your pc has to use to write to the hd with.
    that really wouldn't come into play unless you're on a superfast connection. and considering that most nic cards are 10/100, and I know of no home connections that are 100MB, it's unlikely anyone would notice any difference. the biggest thing that's going to make a difference in speed is whether you've configured your client properly (max global connections, max per torrent, etc...) in relation to your connection speed.