Thread: Creative Dtt3500 Digital

RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    So, you guys have helped me out with upgrading my system, and i thank you very much, but their is one thing that has been nagging me for ages and i wonder if anyone with an electronic mind would know how to fix it...

I have had my creative soundworks dtt3500 digital 5.1 surround for a while now, but a few months back the subwoofer port randomly stopped working. The sub is still fine but I think one of the connections inside the main amp is wrong. Suprisingly, my step brother who also has this system and bought it at roughly the same time also had this problem, and him and his electronics degree reckon that something cheap and simple inside has gone, and would be easy to fix. Unfortunatly he has recently moved away so you guys are my only hope!

Occasionaly all the other speakers gurgle (?), randomly, sometimes when not listening to anything, and this stops if the sound system is reset, which leads me to believe that it is a main connection prob.

Anybody got any experience with these, and can tell me what to look for, and how to go about it without

A) Electricuting me
    B) Ruining the system ?

hopefully its an interchangable part like a fuse or something, and i can easily replace it

thanks for your time

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    The amplifier is starting to flake-out on you.
    No, it's not something the average person can troubleshoot, let alone fix.
    No, it's not simple. Unless you have experience repairing amplifiers, don't even try it(having a degree isn't enough).
    1. you need a schematic. (if you can even get one)
    2. parts. chances are you can't get them. parts vendors just don't sell to everyone

Go here for all the info you need. (US only)

I work in that business, trust me.
    Good luck with it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Thanks a lot, i will go and see if the warranty is still valid

wish me luck :

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    good luck brother.