Thread: Mpeg File Sharing?

Is there any file sharing program or website with verifieds posted where you can go to download the original mpegs of video files intead of having to download them in divx/vxid? The biggest reason I ask is that in order to save file size, I often find that people cut the framerate of video files they encode to divx/xvid in half, of which I have no idea if it's even possible to corrent this back to the standard NTSC or Pal framerates. As well, to any with much experience the newest divx 5 format seems to overall do the best in compression and quality, yet converting from an older divx 3 or divx 4 video to divx 5 simply causes it to come out looking worse in the end because your convering from one lossy codec to another. I'd be happy just to take a little more time downloading the original mpeg and do the divx encoding of the file myself. Anyone else think the same thing?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    I believe this is a double post, but... Emule is also really good for large files. I download 4gig DVD files from there, and everything works great. Also check out the new Shareaza, which combines emule and some other filesharing programs all in one package.
    Proud member of MDS

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    U can get them from me when i post them all files i have are in mpeg format when i post the hash so go to verified hashes and look for my posts there. There is about 3 but more to come

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    BANNED
    I think the reason why people dont share Mpegs as much is becasue there too big in size

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Very Large Member
    Originally posted by adthomp@14 May 2003 - 05:27
    I think the reason why people dont share Mpegs as much is becasue there too big in size
    Agreed,but "size don't matter" too much when you have a fast connection.
    Lots of peeps are getting broadband now.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster

hi there !
    as already stated, movies have to be compressed to save space on one's hard drive . as we all know compression means loss of quality, whether that be divx video or mp3 audio. top end video editing programmes like Adobe Premiere and Sonic Foundry Vegas Video 4+DVD and so on will encode these to avi-mpeg-vcd-svcd-dvd or anything you like. rule of thumb gargage in =garbage out. if your working with poor quality it ends up the same. every divx or avi video i have encoded to svcd has come out excellent so far.(good luck maybe).try some video editing,you will be surprised !
    regards
    m8t

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    i agree with m8t i encode them to vcd without loosing quality just chop the avi in half and burn them with nero it will automatically reencode them to vcd

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    but doesnt it take up more space to encode it once the movie is dl and then you have to convert it? the reason i ask is i had only tried once to dl a dvd rip avi of the movie resident evil and for some reason the sound wasnt included when i converted with tmpgenc and i had to create a wav for the sound but i never could bec the wav was to damn huge. that was before i knew of the verifieds though. maybe i should give it a try.

when converting to dvd or vcd is the entire movie(video & audio) supp to be coverted together? please answer.

edit.

please anyone i need to know!
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster

hi there !
    if your serious about video editing eg:- encoding mpeg 1 to mpeg2 and so on,get yourself a decent video editing programme from KazAa++. Adobe Premiere 6.5 or Sonic Foundry Vegas Video 4+DVD or Ulead Media Studio Pro 7. all these top end programmes will sync video to audio while ripping to different formats. most now have AC3 encoder for audio conversion to surround sound. and yes , when you encode the movie it does take up more hard drive as a new process.
    regards
    m8t