Thread: Acronis True Image doesn't work for you 2!

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Make no mistake. I'm not talking about Acronis MigrateEasy or Acronis Disk Director Suite. These 2 Acronis programs are aces with me.

I had a problem with Acronis True Image though. The problem was IT DIDN'T WORK!!! And I tried, believe me. I don't have that problem now. I threw away & deleted all my copies of ATI I could find.

Just a couple of points here. If ATI works for you fine.
    And when I talk about any of these mentioned programs. I'm refering to the rescue, bootable or CD image of the programs. Not the installed, works within Windows versions. Why have it installed, when I don't have to. And also these programs work much better outside of the Windows enviroment.

I found a replacement for ATI.

Paragon Hard Disk Manager Pro/Recovery CD Image v8.0. It's easy & safe & tested (by me).

The whole program is less than 40MB.

Just did my 2nd image backup with it. Success again. The GUI makes it almost as easy as Acronis MigrateEasy.

Just an fyi. Cheers.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    If you look at the ATI Forums, you will find that versions 9 and 10.0 are having a lot of problems, and the support isnt all it could be. I have gone back to version 8.0 which I always used before.
    Agree that it is much better to use it from the Recovery disk, but unfortunately version 8.0 doesnt support DVD. I back up to my external hard drive.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I've been trying since v6 or 7. No more.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I have used version 8 and I have version 9 stored on my hard drive, but I have alway liked 6. The only problem I had with it was, forgetting to add the .tib after naming the image file, would cause the program to fail to make the image. After I figured out what was going on I had no problem after that. I really don't know, but its possible your problem lies somewhere in booting the rescue cd. I have used the cd many times with no trouble, and I know what your talking about when you say once you make the cd you don't need the software installed (unless you want to create several images as time goes on to replace the older one). I typically keep my images of the C drive on another drive so I can use the rescue cd to point to the image on D or E to take C back in time. I have used disks to store images with version 6 but I never had to use them to go back because I got another hard drive to put the most recent image on before I had any problems. I still have the disks somewhere, an image of Windows 98 that has nero 4 on it and drivers for an ATi 9000 video card. Who knows, maybe some day I'll load it just for kicks.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I'm happy ATI works for you.

This topic was just to show those souls like myself that were foiled by ATI. And believe me, there are many. There is a much better solution.