Thread: flashget.exe Application Error

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I get this error code after every completed Flashget download:

flashget.exe Application Error

The instruction at "0x004032e7" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

What does it mean? And how do I fix it? Already did memtest86+ 1.65 & passed. Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    david02's Avatar only human BT Rep: +1
    Maybe this will help

Uninstall flashget

do a registry scan and repair the registry errors with tuneup or another registry program

install flashget
    ''God is dead.'' - Nietche
    ''Nietche is dead!'' -God

graffiti

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Nope. Thanks anyways.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I would have suggested uninstalling and running a reg cleaner too . What Browser Zap , Opera and Dial up too I think ? Its hard to suggest some thing for you bud as I know you have searched high and low your self you stubborn bugger .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    I would have suggested uninstalling and running a reg cleaner too . What Browser Zap , Opera and Dial up too I think ? Its hard to suggest some thing for you bud as I know you have searched high and low your self you stubborn bugger .
    Of course. Even the FlashGet forum. Which is less than worthless.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    david02's Avatar only human BT Rep: +1
    Maybe a system restore will do the trick if it worked before?

Also check for spyware with adaware and spybot.

Use the program autoruns and disable some startup proggies just to check if one is conflicting.

http://www.sysinternals.com/files/autoruns.zip

Utility to display and control startup applications. Disabling unnecessary startup applications improves boot up time and overall system performance.

Instructions - Unzip and launch Autoruns.exe, wait until it says "Ready" in the bottom left corner, then select the "Logon" tab. Next select "Options", check "Hide Microsoft Entries" and press the refresh button or press the "F5" key. The remaining items are third party applications. Uncheck all that are not needed, this will disable them from loading at Windows startup. AntiVirus and Firewall applications are necessary applications that should be running on startup. If you are unsure of what something is, highlight it, select "Entry" then "Google" to launch a search for more information regarding the highlighted application. You can permanently remove items by deleting them. Do not "Delete" anything unless you are 100% positive you do not need it. Disabled (Unchecked) items can be activated again by rerunning Autoruns, checking the item and restarting Windows.

Notes - You can control the startup applications for separate user accounts by selecting "User" and the account you want to edit. This is a much more powerful tool then the built-in System Configuration Utility (msconfig).

end quote
    Last edited by david02; 12-03-2006 at 05:35 PM.
    ''God is dead.'' - Nietche
    ''Nietche is dead!'' -God

graffiti