Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do speed up azureus!!

Buddy told me about this. Goto download the free evaluation of Excelsior JET http://www.excelsior-usa.com/jetdleval.html. I downloaded the 1.5_08 addon as well because it doesn't matter. It wont be using Java.

Open up the Excelsior JET Control Panel and select New Project

step1:
    1. put in the directory of Azureus
    2. use "javaw -classpath swt.jar;Azureus2.jar org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main" without quotes and press parse. Make sure there is swt.jar and Azureus.jar in the "Classpath" window and it has "org/gudy/azureus2/ui/swt/Main" inside the Application Main class section.

step 2: just click run
    step 3: select smart, dont touch anything else(smart is much faster than typical)
    step 4: Under "JIT Operation Mode" pick "Optimizing(better code)" leave everything else
    step 5: Under "select runtime" pick Classic. I've ran it under Classic for over 24 hours straight with no problems. Put in Project directory and choose a filename. It'll write the exe of your new azureus in the directory you picked in step 1. the project directory has some leftover garbage or something so just pick whatever.
    step 6: just move on -->
    step 7: click build and wait

The new azureus exe works so well i can't believe people dont do this. My azureus with 6 torrents, 2 downloading is using 30mb and CPU doesn't go over 2, most of the time its at 0(inside task manager). I can leave azureus on now whenever I play bf2142 or css.

I've completely ditched utorrent for azureus now cause its just better when there's no Java. My utorrent used to use 20mb less in memory but who cares. My downloads are faster too especially for new torrents or torrents from public trackers. I guess azureus controls or picks peers better or something.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Buggyme's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Yupp, great tip! I just found out about this recently.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    sounds interesting.
    So if it gets rid of java altogether, will plugins still work?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Diamonds4Ever's Avatar Anti-What? BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    yo man i find this hard to do can u please do a turtial with pics or sumthin??

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    You play online games while you use torrents?What do you leave it on but not uploading or downloading otherwise you would have no bandwidth

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Sound Interesting, i`ll try it out later.
    My Int is not so perfect but, I really believe in Sharing. That's what makes me success in those Sharing websites.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    just tried this, works great. Plugins work too. Someone trusted could do it and post a file(scan it with virustotal.com) if you find it complicated.

Here's another tip. Goto task manager and set Priority on Azureus to below normal. Speeds are the same and it becomes essentially a background kind thing only.
    Last edited by Submission; 11-25-2006 at 12:13 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    You play online games while you use torrents?What do you leave it on but not uploading or downloading otherwise you would have no bandwidth

I play xbox live while downloading and uploading all the time. it doesnt lag if you have a 1/2 descent isp.

Thanks for the ram tips. Ill stick with utorrent though it uses slim to no ram for me already.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    you can use a program like cFosSpeed to traffic shape on your connection. I've been using it for a few months, and it's great. you can assign higher priority to certain applications or protocols.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    you dont need that with azureus anyways. Just configure the Auto Speed settings for a certain latency. Its one of the main reasons I use azureus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast