Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poisoned Spy?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    I thought the conservative view was people that work in the intelligence field were fair game.
    In the course of executing their professional directive?

Absolutely.

This fellow believed he was singled out (as part of a larger and on-going movement) by Vladimir Putin for criticizing Putin and his government for any number of misdeeds.

This not being the ordinary province of spy-craft, your post is of the "apples-and-oranges" variety.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post

You didn't, you merely sidestepped the question in a manner you no doubt thought mildly cunning.

Your postage is unresponsive and of no moment.
    no i didn't. i said no-one cares because he's a spy. you said what if it involved bush. i explained that my point was that he'd still be a spy so i still wouldn't care.
    Then I will admit to a modicum of surprise at your response, and ask you why you responded at all (at all).
    you were obviously curious as to what other people thought. otherwise you wouldn't have posted
    Last edited by GepperRankins; 11-25-2006 at 04:32 PM. Reason: *were

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I thought the conservative view was people that work in the intelligence field were fair game.

Absolutely.

This fellow believed he was singled out (as part of a larger and on-going movement) by Vladimir Putin for criticizing Putin and his government for any number of misdeeds.

This not being the ordinary province of spy-craft, your post is of the "apples-and-oranges" variety.
    Do you think that the Russians were wrong for targeting a defecting spy?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    no i didn't. i said no-one cares because he's a spy. you said what if it involved bush. i explained that my point was that he'd still be a spy so i still wouldn't care.
    Then I will admit to a modicum of surprise at your response, and ask you why you responded at all (at all).
    you were obviously curious as to what other people thought. otherwise you wouldn't have posted
    I see.

Will you be visiting every other thread which holds no interest for you so you can post to that effect?

Better get busy.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15

Absolutely.

I don't know that they did.

I do know this is the latest in a string of suspicious deaths involving people critical of Putin and his government

I am very curious at that, and also why others are not curious as well.

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!

I see.

Will you be visiting every other thread which holds no interest for you so you can post to that effect?

Better get busy.
    sorry for soiling your thread

you asked if anyone should care. i answered. deal with it

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

I don't know that they did.

I do know this is the latest in a string of suspicious deaths involving people critical of Putin and his government

I am very curious at that, and also why others are not curious as well.
    You seem to be implying they did by asking "what if it were bush?"

But let's say we know for sure.

Or if you don't want to answer without knowing for sure

Do you think that the Russians would be wrong if they targeted a defecting spy?
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-25-2006 at 04:59 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The only differenece between this 'assassination' and others is the fact that he lived for a few days after the incident and was able to point a finger.
    The fact that this is happening on a regular basis by almost every country tends to make most people a little blas'e about the spying game.

If they caught one of the 'spies' and put them on trial, that would make it more interesting.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    I see.

Better get busy.
    sorry for soiling your thread

you asked if anyone should care. i answered. deal with it
    I have.

Then I asked why you posted to note for us your apathy on the subject and I wondered why you bothered.

Deal with it.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Do you think that the Russians would be wrong if they targeted a defecting spy?
    This is germane precisely how?

The "What if it was Bush?" qualification was aimed at The, only.

I've already noted Litvinenko's contention that he was poisoned over his stance on Putin and Putin's politics, and in context with the murders of a string of journalists and other players who weren't Putin fans.

Are you so obsessed with what I think (or rather, what you think I think) that you can't muster a viewpoint, or haven't the wherewithal to construct the underpinnings for one?

Oh, and as to your question - which I've quoted, accurately - I will answer in the affirmative...if it is determined somehow that he was targetted over his previous clandestine activities, rather than his dissident status, which you haven't seen fit to note.

BTW-

After six years in Britain, I think he qualifies as "defected", rather than defecting.

The heat had long left the moment, I'd say.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast