Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post A Scam

4play's Avatar knob jockey
    back in the day i really got into betting on the gg's (horses) and because im a total idiot lost about £50 a week on a regular basis.

This sucked big time so i decided i was gonna hang around the race tracks and get chatting with the real professional gamblers. I did this for a few weeks and started making some money out of it. not alot but i was making a few quid.

This lasted about a month until i lost big and i mean big. It was about 2 weeks wages on a red hot tip my uncle, dad, grandad and a few mates all backed. of course this kinda spelt the end of my gambling carear.

I decided to try a scam I had seen people pull while there to try and earn some of money back.
    It was a pretty simple idea an no one lost out. The scam works along these lines.

When you get a big race say with more then 16 runners the bookies pay out an each way bet on the first 4 horses. Most people have no idea this is true so they will throw away their tickets. What i did was go round with a plastic bag stuck in my jacket and collect as many tickets as i could.

I would then take them home and search through them for a winner.

You would be surprised how much money i could make on a busy day. Of course these days im too old to get away with picking up all the tickets so my little sister does it.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    I hope your lil' sis gets a good percentage

3. Lounge   -   #3
    one time i stole a police car. no just kidding.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by UKMan@14 May 2003 - 05:21
    yeah, to right,. if that was me ib be wantin one

5. Lounge   -   #5
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    shhh dont say that so loudly she might hear you.

Of course i give her a few quid out of it.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    The story goes like this...

...Once upon a time I went to Thai land, truth be said I wasn't too well in the head about then. And so after about a week there met this friendly Thai(or was he?..) who didn't try and sell me something within the first 5mns of meeting me (should'ave run then...).

After we'd been chatting for a while he comes up with this offer of a scam which sort of left me a bit cold as it involved cards (black jack if u need to know), but the clincher was that it was a foolproof scam and the person we were supposed to pull it on was presented to me as someone who richly deserved it (greasy businesstype who hires underage girls for sex etc..).
    And so I went(fell) for it, and to cut a really long story short it was me being scammed all the way through and the way that it works is that even if you make it clear that you have no money to put into the scam they just reel you in slowly until there is so much money at stake that youu can't actually think about anything but how to get some money to make even more (I believe it's called greed and I really never thought I'd ever suffer from it).
    And so the scam was pulled and there I was left with nothing but loadsa debts... the credit card companies have actually giving up chasing me now.
    So if you go there (that's south east asia) and some nice person offer you in on a card scam:
    DON'T DO IT!!!!!

At exactly the same time some of my friends had a very similar scam pulled on them in Indonesia. The script changes ever so slightly every time but whatever happens you can kiss your money goodbye whether you just let it go, have the game raided by police (gambling illegal in Thailand), or get back to where you crash to find that the money you saw in that bag you have been holding so tightky is actually all fake when it is not plain old newspaper.

Hope you enjoyed that now stop laughing at me.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    i used to have a scam site
    for habbohotel

used too
    im 14 remember

8. Lounge   -   #8
    manicmail.net ..... ive pulled so many scams on my friends with this... pretending to be from the RIAA\MPAA or microsoft piracy.. or from their college.. so many things you can do

9. Lounge   -   #9
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    not really a scam, but wait a little while at the end of a concert when people have cleared out and search the floor - people for some reason insist on taking small change into the mosh pit

also in Thailand on those trolleys that people pull you around on, they'll drive you around and say "the market (or whatever) is just behind that hill - you can just walk the rest of the way" when you walk around the hill there's nothing
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

10. Lounge   -   #10
    oldmancan's Avatar Poster
    The statue of limitations is still running out....

Nah, Lawyer says not to talk about that one.

I'm the oldest of 5 kids. Used to babysit my siblings. Someone should have been looking after me. We had a malamute, eskimo dog that is part wolf. The dog never barked, he would howl or growl but never bark.

The scam was free pizza. Folks go out. Put the dog outside, no leash or chain. Turn off the front door light. Phone for some pizza, places folks won't call.

Dog had a favorite spot between front landing and a shrub. So walking up to the door you would never see dog. The dog knew that if we were expecting guest the front door light would be on. No light>no guests>ON GUARD.

Poor pizza dude comes to the door. No one answers the door. No light, no one answering door, dog goes into action - repel the intruder. The dog will rise up to standing position while starting to growl (low menacing sound). All of sudden dude realizes that no one is going to answer the door and some big fangs are telling him to leave. NOW. The fear factor was enough that at least every second dude would just drop the pizza and run. I actually watched from neighbours once, almost pissed myself laughing.

Once the dude sped off we open the door, grab our "spoils" before the dog did and let him in. He gets a doggie treat. We got pizza, usually upside down pizza, but still free. After eating we would phone the pizza joint to complain that our order never arrived and to cancel it.

Little rotters.

btw one of my fav's. Street hawker selling flowers at a kiosk. Plain white carnations say $1 each. Beautiful colored carnations $3 each. The colors sell fast, the whites not so much. But wait what's that. Hawker grabs a handful of whites, turns around bending down. Stands up a second later with same flowers, but now their coloured. Sneak a peek inside the kiosk- a shelf full of spray paints. lol

how about your broke and need a few bucks. Here on the wet coast it rains alot. Go around to the stores asking if they found your black umbrella. They usually have a couple. Oh, thats mine. So you now got say 10 umbrellas for 10 minutes of walking into shops. Now hang out in front of some office building and wait for the rain to start. All those fancy suits...forgot their brollie...say want to buy one for $10...Yeah that's the pretty much the regular price for a cheap umbrella. Half an hour later...$100...lunch and a ticket home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast