Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stopzilla! Rules!

Poster
    I just recently installed stopzilla which is a pop up blocker and a very good one at that. You dont have to hold ctrl like some make u do. I never get pop ups anymore and stopzilla is user friendly and can do other tasks to for you.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    I use Zero Popup.
    It's very small, completely free, and automatically runs when Internet Explorer is started. Nothing else to click or open. I haven't seen any pop-ups yet. Especially those annoying "floating" java scripts.

Be aware, Stopzilla installs tracking cookies on your PC.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    i just use norton 2003 firewall, blocks all popup's automatically

fuck Derby County

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Stop using that trash and start using serious things like Proxomitron
    http://www.proxomitron.org/

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I use Popup Block.
    Review:
    Popup Block is an add-on for Internet Explorer, that blocks all unsolicited popup windows from appearing while browsing. The program is smart and automatically recognizes popup windows that were triggered because of a mouse click. It further uses advanced scripting techniques to block certain calls made to the IE scripting engine, thereby allowing you to disable even advanced popup techniques like floating DHTML and Shockwave ads. In addition, Popup Block comes with several other features like an option to disable all sound within IE, Whitelist, popup logging, hotkey bypass and more. One feature that we found very useful is the Browser Normalizer, that allows you to force IE to display all toolbars, even if the window does not show them (many Java scripts). Overall, a very effective popup killer, that comes with more features than most others - at a reasonable price!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by harrycary@18 May 2003 - 02:02
    I use Zero Popup.
    It's very small, completely free, and automatically runs when Internet Explorer is started. Nothing else to click or open. I haven't seen any pop-ups yet. Especially those annoying "floating" java scripts.

Be aware, Stopzilla installs tracking cookies on your PC.
    that zero popup thing of yours has spyware in it. It's name is winfingerprint

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Gizmo,
    No, what I recommended is not spyware.
    Sorry everyone, I didn't list the proper name of the software. Zero Popup Killer

See this qoute from the site I linked to..

Clarification
    It has come to our attention that a company, www.zeropopup.com, is marketing a spyware called "ZeroPopUp". Some people have been confused by this and thought the annoying came from our site. Tooto Technologies ( wwww.tooto.com and tooto.plastiqueweb.com ) has NOTHING to do with their product. If your computer has been infected with this program, please follow this link for instructions on removing it.

Knowledge is power.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    stopzilla, filezilla and mozilla are excellent apps.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Opera browser has a built in pop up stopper, which is good if those system resources are low (it also uses less than IE anyway )
    <insert signature here>

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I don&#39;t use it at the moment, but I was using Kill Pop Up, which can be found on download.com

It stopped any other Internet Explorer windows (apart from you primary one) opening up. E.G. if you were visiting a site and a pop up tried to open, it would not let it... but the draw back of this program, is if you are visiting a site and choose a link which needs to "open link in new window", it won&#39;t allow it to, unless you disabled it, which of course is pretty annoying...

Anyway.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast