Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The E3 News Thread

1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    More hl2 videos

wow, there are like 8 new videos of here of half life 2, and they are all so SWEET!

hopefully this guy has tons of bandwith, cuz he posted this link on a well known counter strike board... hahahaha

2. Games   -   #32
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by Jibbler@15 May 2003 - 19:31
    Last but not least, publisher Take Two (Grand Theft Auto fame) critized Sony today for not dropping the price of their console to $150 instead of the current $179. Check out the article here.

"Like all publishers, we were looking for a $50 price cut, but Sony wants to maximize its revenue," Jeff Lapin told CNN/Money in an interview at E3, the annual trade show of the video game industry. "I am hopeful that by the end of the year we'll see the $149 price point – but I was disappointed we didn't see a drop to $149 here."
    Sounds like Sony is being greedy. Take Two thinks so.
    wow, surprising to see Take Two jump on sony like that, as sonys ps2 is take twos cash cow atm, being that GTA is exclusive to sony for a few more years....

3. Games   -   #33
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Gran Turismo 4? Cool specs here. Screenshot?

Proud member of MDS

4. Games   -   #34
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    HOLY SHIT! that shot in the mountains/desert.... wow!

i loved gt3... great game... still play it...

5. Games   -   #35
    Sony Online debuts all-access service for $21.99. Get the details here.

Sony Online Entertainment has announced an all-in-one monthly subscription option called All Access. The $21.99 monthly fee for All Access will include subscriptions to all of the online games that Sony Online publishes, including EverQuest, PlanetSide, EverQuest Online Adventures, the Station Pass, and the upcoming EverQuest II, which is scheduled for the fall. Sony Online's premium games normally have subscription fees of $12.99 or $9.99 each. Once the All Access offer begins next week, it will let participating players to have one account for all the games.
    While this makes for a great announcement, I'm still not impressed with anything that Sony has given us in the online market. Xbox reigns supreme for online market share. We'll see where this one goes. B)
    Proud member of MDS

6. Games   -   #36
    Gamecube to come packaged with Gameboy Advance. Details here.

Nintendo has announced that it will start selling a GameCube bundle that comes packed with the Game Boy Advance Player, which lets users play Game Boy Advance games on a TV. The bundle will hit retail outlets on June 23 in North America and will sell for $149.99.

There is no details regarding the Gameboy Advance hardware, though I'm sure they will be giving you the Gameboy Advance, and not the Gameboy Advance SP. Sounds like a ploy to move their leftover hardware and to sell more software. You may not have been impressed with Nintendo, but they continue to make a financial killing every year.
    Proud member of MDS

7. Games   -   #37
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    wow, thats dirt cheap...

the game cube sells for 150 normally doesnt it? or did i miss a price drop? so thats like giving out a gba for free? nice deal.... they are still great, i like them better the then sp, as i think thats too small, the layout/size of the gba is much bettter, ergonomic... the sp, while backlight, doesnt feel as good... and u can mod ur gbas with lights, etc... to fix the lighting issues if u really feel the need to.

gg nintendo... way to keep it real

8. Games   -   #38
    No, you're right Schmiggy, the price remained the same, they are just giving you more for your money now. I haven't purchased the SP gameboy yet, though I'm sure I will. Aftermarket lighting kits have been available for a while, but you have to do the install yourself. I once chipped my ps1, but I don't know if I would ever do it again.
    Proud member of MDS

9. Games   -   #39
    Poster
    Originally posted by Jibbler@16 May 2003 - 17:22
    Gamecube to come packaged with Gameboy Advance. Details here.

Nintendo has announced that it will start selling a GameCube bundle that comes packed with the Game Boy Advance Player, which lets users play Game Boy Advance games on a TV. The bundle will hit retail outlets on June 23 in North America and will sell for $149.99.

There is no details regarding the Gameboy Advance hardware, though I'm sure they will be giving you the Gameboy Advance, and not the Gameboy Advance SP. Sounds like a ploy to move their leftover hardware and to sell more software. You may not have been impressed with Nintendo, but they continue to make a financial killing every year.
    i think they will only be including the gameboy advance player. not the actual gameboy advance system. the gba player just lets you hook up a gba to the gamecube so you can play GBA games on your tv.

the way the have it on the site sounds quite confusing dont it?
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

10. Games   -   #40
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Oh i get it now, its not the gba, but that little gadget that connects to the GC and lets you insert the gba, and gb disks, and play them on the tv, misread it at first myself. still a kewl accessorie.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast