Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The E3 News Thread

Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by ripley02@16 May 2003 - 14:34
    i think they will only be including the gameboy advance player. not the actual gameboy advance system. the gba player just lets you hook up a gba to the gamecube so you can play GBA games on your tv.

the way the have it on the site sounds quite confusing dont it?
    Good catch Ripley. I misread it too. Ultimately, its going to sell more Gameboy Advance games, so the portable market is bound to grow.
    Proud member of MDS

2. Games   -   #42
    A quick interview with Nintendo's gaming mastermind Shigeru Miyamoto (Super Mario 64 and other huge hits) and gamespy.com. He even tells his opinions on the Grand Theft Auto series. Read it here.

Regarding taking the Mario games into 3D:  One thing that has hurt the Mario games ... Taking them into 3D, while it has expanded the worlds, has shrunk the user base. By going into 3D the games have become more complicated. Before that, the Mario games were the type of thing that anybody could pick up and play very easily. By going into the 3D world, we have limited who that game is accessible to.
    An interesting read. B)
    Proud member of MDS

3. Games   -   #43
    Gameboy Advance video players are being designed by two different companies. Full article here.

AM3's storage format can handle more than just video, so publishers can release many different types of content -- TV animation, digital comicbooks, music videos, karaoke tracks, and other forms of entertainment. And since the SmartMedia format is widely available, AM3 plans to set up convenience-store kiosks where users can slot in their own SmartMedia cards to download whatever they'd like to watch.
    It is rumored that it will be capable of holding up to 40 minutes of video.
    Proud member of MDS

4. Games   -   #44
    Poster
    File: halo2demo_051203_320.mov
    Length: 93872683 Bytes,91672KB
    UUHash: =9MeK25wwgCS8tcukNQs4iv2vN7w=

Heres the IGN video.....can't seem to get the hybrid link to work though, enjoy.

5. Games   -   #45
    Just watched a few 'half life 2' vids from E3, and WOW this game is gonna rock, now u appreciate why valve took there time with this baby. the attention to detail and interaction looks amazing (wonder which formats its gonna come to 1st, prob PC). Also noticed Doom 3 confirmed for Xbox by Activision and ID themselves..But then again when u see the trailers for halflife2 and halo2 'doom 3' somewhat begins to pale in comparison (still gonna buy it though).
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

6. Games   -   #46
    Another Splinter Cell is on the way, details here.

The latest Ubi Soft release schedule, as posted on gamesindustry.biz, has a currently unannounced Splinter Cell game by the name of Splinter Cell: Shadow Strike listed for release on the PC and all current-generation consoles this year.
    No screenshots available for this, in fact, no details at all. Just the announcement of the game. B)
    Proud member of MDS

7. Games   -   #47
    Everquest II is on the way, and they want customers to subscribe to both versions. Some new content will be added to encourage players to play both games. Details here.

Sony Online has announced that it will include incentives to encourage longtime EverQuest players to participate in EverQuest II. Some of the incentives are specifically intended for those who subscribe to both games, such as exclusive crossover quest zones that include hidden treasures. Additional incentives and features will be announced in the coming months.

Fans of Everquest will go another year without daylight.
    Proud member of MDS

8. Games   -   #48
    Originally posted by Jibbler+14 May 2003 - 04:15--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 14 May 2003 - 04:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Schmiggy_JK23@13 May 2003 - 23:05
    and, what else did i read at gamespy... new bond game this year
    It is my understanding that a new Bond game will follow ever year, as long as the success of Agent Under Fire and Nightfire follow too.

Wow, the doom3 coverage in that quick-cam is pretty cool. Wonder what the specs are on the demo system. I hear this is going to require a screaming fast machine. B) [/b][/quote]
    The demo was leaked in december or januari or something... and ya.. the demo is kinda slow to run. I havent played it on this computer but i played the demo at my friend (p4 2Ghz, 512 mb ddr, GF4 Ti4200) and the fps occasional dropped very low... But its only a demo... it will be faster when ites released.....

9. Games   -   #49
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    It was an alpha actually, and it was very pretty, ran like shit though, but managable, seeings it was alpha code.

and rumors of a real demo have surfaced, possibly mid summer sometime.

10. Games   -   #50
    A third game in the Rainbow Six series will be out soon. Working title: Tom Clancy&#39;s Rainbow Six 3: Athena Sword. Read a review here. Check out the screenshots on the page too. This game looks awesome&#33; B)
    Proud member of MDS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast