Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The E3 News Thread

Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Hmm, it appears Sony wants a piece of Gameboy's action. Check this out. Here are some of the highlights.

Starting in June, Sony will sell a revamped system that will be bundled with its popular online adaptor starting in June. The upgraded PS2 will continue to sell for $199.

The upgraded machine will also offer the ability to play re-writable DVDs and will offer progressive scan technology, which will improve the visual quality of movies watched on the console. The machine will also be quieter than current models.
    I like this idea, though a PS3 announcement would have been better. I doubt anyone will buy a 2nd ps2 to get progressive scan and DVD-R capability. However for a first time buyer, this gives Sony a jump in the rankings.

Regarding the new Playstation Portable (PSP):
    The PSP will utilize a new proprietary storage disk, offer a backlit screen and have a rechargeable battery. It will also offer 3D graphics and sound and will measure approximately 4.5 inches and offer a wide-screen viewing format.  Additionally, the machine will come equipped with a USB 2.0 port, allowing high speed data transfers and will have a slot for Sony's memory stick data storage technology.
    Hmm, wonder how many of the bells and whistles will be used in the final product.
    Proud member of MDS

2. Games   -   #2
    Also check this out, regarding Nvidia's new video card, which they believe will take the crown back from ATI.

Like ATI's Radeon 9700 and 9800, the 5900 features a 256-bit memory bus to roughly double the amount of data that can be transferred to and from the card's memory. This more than offsets the slightly lower clock speeds of the 5900 as compared with the 5800. The chip's core will run at 450MHz and the memory will be running at 425MHz (effectively 850MHz). The chip is being manufactured on a dense .13-micron process.
    Sounds like it might be good, though at $499, I don't see lots of these leaving the warehouse anytime soon. Another downer is that it takes up TWO expansion slots. Damn, things are getting heavy.
    Proud member of MDS

3. Games   -   #3
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Jibby, there will be a 400$ 128 meg version also, with slower clocks however...

also... i found this bad ass doom 3 video, straight off the e3 floor, check it...

doom3 video

and, what else did i read at gamespy... new bond game this year, and the Return of the King game is looking bad ass... some great shots of gandalf in action at gamespy, search for e3 coverage

4. Games   -   #4
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@13 May 2003 - 23:05
    and, what else did i read at gamespy... new bond game this year
    It is my understanding that a new Bond game will follow ever year, as long as the success of Agent Under Fire and Nightfire follow too.

Wow, the doom3 coverage in that quick-cam is pretty cool. Wonder what the specs are on the demo system. I hear this is going to require a screaming fast machine. B)
    Proud member of MDS

5. Games   -   #5
    PS3 is going to come out in 2005 with gta4

6. Games   -   #6
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by cooolway@13 May 2003 - 22:37
    PS3 is going to come out in 2005 with gta4
    The next GTA game is out November, as is called Sin City, based on Frank Millers comic of the same name..

ps3, if only we are so lucky,but its lookin more like 2006... cuz the cell architexture they are using isnt as easy as they thought, and is costing a forturne to get going

doom3... ya, i was impressed with the footage, for just a cam... and that baby was flying, betcha it had a beta 5900 in that machine,

7. Games   -   #7
    Here is the site where I got the info from

www.gta4.friko.pl
    Different language but still could understand it

8. Games   -   #8
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Laugh... and you buy that info, from such a well *cough* respected site? Thats not true... gta4 wont be bundled with the ps3 when it comes out, that I can almost promise you... for one, gta 4 will most likely be out before the ps3... and for two, the next gta has been anounced, and confirmed for this november.... look on gamespy

9. Games   -   #9
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Well, I'm wanting to see Thief III and Vampire: Bloodlines.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@14 May 2003 - 03:05

doom3 video

OMG...*Shits self*