Thread: HoMMV: Hammers of Fate just not fun?

Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I've been playing Heroes of might and magic V for while now and just installed Hammers of Fate. Am I the only one thinking that it just feels rushed? The missions just aren't that fun to play. Sure, the dwarves are fun, but the new campaign seem to be thrown together to sell the expansion pack.

2. Games   -   #2
    lightsabers's Avatar pro-deckadent
    The campaign is secondary, the multiplayer fixes & improvements are what makes this release good.

Personally the original campaign was kinda boring as well, so i'm not expecting to be blown away by this one.

3. Games   -   #3
    Mike Nelson's Avatar Poster
    The campaign for the game and expansion were as boring as hell. Though, personally I hate all this focus on the "multiplayer experience", I don't want to play some 12 year old in Canada who is probably using cheats*. Multiplayer games are fun if the player is in the same room as you, dull and intangible when he is/they are a billion miles away.

*Admittedly, I'm raging against my CSS/Unreal games here, I have no idea of the cheating potential of HoMMV.

4. Games   -   #4
    lightsabers's Avatar pro-deckadent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nelson View Post
    Though, personally I hate all this focus on the "multiplayer experience", I don't want to play some 12 year old in Canada who is probably using cheats*. Multiplayer games are fun if the player is in the same room as you, dull and intangible when he is/they are a billion miles away.
    If the other player is in the same room as you, you can see exactly what he/she is doing, that takes all the fun out of multiplayer for me. Besides if you don't want to play some 12 year old in canada, why not book an online match against your friends?

As far as cheating, i have never encountered anyone cheating in this game, as far as i know it's not possible on the ubi server.