Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Careful when trading for a TB account

You have to be very careful when you trade something for a TB account!
    When you change the email of a TB account, the confirmation goes to the old email adress, which is a big mistake (in my opinion). In this case of trades, even if the guy gives the login and pass, he can easily get it back by recovering the password, the confirmation email goes to his email and he's able to change the password again! I'm not saying that this was what hapenned with me but it's a big change! I'm not gonna say any names because i don't want nobody to be with a bad reputation but if it really hapenned it was a real good move to get TB account back. So don't forget, when trading something for a TB account, always try to get the TB account with YOUR email and then give your stats to the trader. I hope tis thread can help some users to be more careful and don't get scammed like i probably was...(sorry for any bad english )
    Thanks

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    thanks for the warning

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Siddharth1's Avatar Let'z Rock..!! BT Rep: +5
    thanx... sounds a good warning.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    davidkz23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    its hapenned to me!

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    jaum's Avatar )-0-0-( BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    thnx

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Good tip although i realized this trick before i made my first account trade. So to be safe i always change the email to mine in the profile page first b4 i change the password. Then I give the guy his invites/account. I try not to go first on trades of course.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    General2k's Avatar Death's End BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Thanks for the warning. Lost of people would probably fall for this trick since its such a high demand tracker.
    Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?
    The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    ... can't touch this BT Rep: +1
    the same goes for sct and several others when you trade accounts - you need to confirm change of email at the old address. if you don't, you can easily get that account back through password recovery. i have mixed feelings about it though... in a way it can be helpful to those who end up getting scammed, but some people could use it as another scam tactic instead.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Oh, so sticky.
    Hi, I am "the scammer" (not really). I've just sent tupacker the login details, and explanation why what happened, happened.
    It was a mistake by administrator of TB. I talked to him on IRC. I'm also glad you informed people about this "glitch", tupacker.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Tbag's Avatar Sct and Fst Whore BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Thanks for info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast