Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: What Does Christmas Mean To You

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by myron View Post
    Christmas to me basically means time spent with family and loved ones. It's the one time of the year I get to see my family.

Raised Methodist but more Agnostic than anything.
    Lapsed Agnostic.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    bump

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    JROQuinn's Avatar Rev. Maynard BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Christmas & Easter are both pagan holidays originating in Rome. "Christians" adopted these, imo to have days set aside to celebrate Him. But a true Christian should celebrate Christ everyday. But for the Christian there is nothing wrong with celebrating them if it it done the right way. Yea Im a Christian but I guess you could say backslidden. But I have my beliefs and force them on no one. If you wanna know ask. No one likes to be forced fed religion, who does? But to me Christmas means remembrance of His birth, and witnessing to those who want to know, helping those less fortunate, family & yes presents. Giving is what is more important & its that idea that God gave his Son...Now pass me a budlight!!!

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    JROQuinn's Avatar Rev. Maynard BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Oh lol...wrap your minds around this

"HO HO HO (Trinity. H and O are 6 letters apart 666)." Im goin to put this in my sig hehe

Jeremiah 10:2-5: 2. Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. 3. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. 5. They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.
    Last edited by JROQuinn; 12-16-2007 at 11:32 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #65
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    The winter solstice is a dismal time in northern latitudes. A good cheerful festival is pretty much essential which is why the Church went with the flow and took the unconquered sun solstice as an ideal time for a knees up (suitably re-organised of course ).

I like the colours, the Ho Ho Ho'ing, having the family around and feasting.

What's not to like? (well apart from the rampant consumerism and some dreadful xmas songs obviousment).
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #66
    Ænima's Avatar 2 in 1 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    (well apart from the rampant consumerism and some dreadful xmas songs obviousment).
    That pretty much sums up my only distaste for this beautiful time of year (in the north).

7. The Drawing Room   -   #67
    peace and happiness

8. The Drawing Room   -   #68
    JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    1. A day off.
    2. Family get togethers
    3. Rampant commericalism.

That is all.

Jesus has nothing to do with it. Nothing at all.
    True Story.
    Today is the day.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #69
    InXS's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    It Means Nothing

10. The Drawing Room   -   #70
    its just holidays for me when i can get really drunk with my friends .

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567