Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do The Yanks Ever Learn? Matrix2!

Poster
    Just realised that the matrix reloaded comes out on May the 15th in America and then Europe on May the 21st. Do the producers of films like this ever learn? i mean its going to be pirated and dished out on the net before it reaches over here.

There is a 7 day gap between the two release dates and god knows how many pirate copied are going to be released in that time. It doesn’t really bother me because I want to see it in all its glory at the cinema but there area a small percentage of people who will just watch the pirate copy and not go to the cinema.

If the producers of the matrix had actually thought of this they might make more money. Lord of the rings did a worldwide release on the same date mainly to compensate for piracy due to the money it loses the industry every year.
    I can only think that the yanks have done this to get one over on the rest of the world to say we got it first because we made it etc.

Well in my opinion if the yanks are so proud of who made the film they can have there 7 days because its going to loose them shit loads of money. Probably millions.

Sorry for the ramble guys but I had to get it off my chest
    I am ready for all the complains from you Americans but it wasn’t really a dig at the American public, just the producers of the film.

thank you
    andy257

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Retired
    Originally posted by andy257@14 May 2003 - 16:32
    Just realised that the matrix reloaded comes out on May the 15th in America and then Europe on May the 21st. Do the producers of films like this ever learn? i mean its going to be pirated and dished out on the net before it reaches over here.

There is a 7 day gap between the two release dates and god knows how many pirate copied are going to be released in that time. It doesn’t really bother me because I want to see it in all its glory at the cinema but there area a small percentage of people who will just watch the pirate copy and not go to the cinema.

If the producers of the matrix had actually thought of this they might make more money. Lord of the rings did a worldwide release on the same date mainly to compensate for piracy due to the money it loses the industry every year.
    I can only think that the yanks have done this to get one over on the rest of the world to say we got it first because we made it etc.

Well in my opinion if the yanks are so proud of who made the film they can have there 7 days because its going to loose them shit loads of money. Probably millions.

Sorry for the ramble guys but I had to get it off my chest
    I am ready for all the complains from you Americans but it wasn’t really a dig at the American public, just the producers of the film.

thank you
    andy257
    I think your wrong I live in the Netherlands and the movie will be released on the 15th!

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I live in Austria and it will be released on the 21th.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Forum Star
    Here in The Netherlands is will be the 15th too.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    I live in the united kingdom, and the 21st sadly is the release date. As I write this, I am frantically searching for the cinema's telephone number to electronically book my ticket(s) for the night (and the next few showings&#33

I personally think, that the chance to see a movie of this calibre, will reduce the demand for pirates. I myself will see it more than once at the cinema, even if I download it!

----------------

Rest In Pece: Noel Redding 1945 - 2003... the Jimi Hendrix Bassist who died yesterday.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    im going to see it but probably not untill about th 25th, i hate busy cinemas! nice avatar andy who's the lady?

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    I LIVE ON THE MOON AND SAW THE MOVIE LAST WEEK!!!!

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    I was about to rip you a new one for the "Yank" bashing but saw the sig and clalmed down. "Yank"nish has nothing to do with it or pride over who made the film, it's just a stupid move. A giant one. But lets be for real here. I'm gonna download it in the coming hours but I'll still go see it. I think they banked on that. I would never go see lord of the rings in the cinema. The stories not worth 10 bucks to me but this has story and action and thus towers above a loss by opening a week later in different countries.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    it's out on may 15th in belgium too...

anyways, 6 days isn't that much time, some movies take months to cross the ocean...

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    I live in Slovenija , and it is out in 14th ....

..... June !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast