Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .bin And .cue In Roxio

1) All the info about burning .bin i could find is for nero how do you burn in roxio?

2) How do you burn a file if its over 700 mb when all the cds i could find in the store are max 700mb?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You could try to rename the file to *.iso and then try and burn it with roxio this way. If the file is over 700MB, if it is not too much over it will still burn on one cd. Unless the iso was created to burn onto multiple disks.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    you dont even have to burn the .bin file ever onto a cd unless you wont to save it or give it to a friend, just open it with winISO. and extract the files. or get daemon tools, convert the .bin to a .iso and mount the iso, it will create an extra drive and act as if the cd was in the drive, and you dont even have to do anything to the .iso

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Thanks for the help! But the file is 800mb so i guess ill have to take kaza lite freeks advice unless someone knows where i could get a larger cd all the stores ive been to only carry 700mb but i heard of a kodak cd thats larger if anybody knows where i could pick one up.

Thanks

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    mate is it the .bin that is 800mb. or is it the .iso once you have converted that is if you have converted, because the iso once converted is always smaller than the bin you see.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    FST Retiree
    you can find 99 min cdr's on ebay. i believe they can hold 870 mb of data. im not sure where to find them as far as retail, but you can try this if the file is too large and you still want to put it on a disc. just do a search for "99 min cd-r".

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    yep thats true, when i d/w .bins i just convert to iso, open with daemon tools, see if they work which they doo 9/10. then what is in my phantom drive (fake drive-but the computer odnt know that, so shhhhhh,lol). highlight all files send to d drive, and 8/10 there under 700mb, when they aint i just put the .iso on the cd, not burn whats on it, just simply put it on, then i still got it backed up, for example delta force black hawk down, was like 4.4gb, wasnt sure it would fit on a 700mb cd .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    i thought you could overburn 700mb cds to like 810 but i could be wrong
    I am Member No. : 193 <--- yes there was a time when that was a lot

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by dragon_son@13 May 2003 - 21:42
    i thought you could overburn 700mb cds to like 810 but i could be wrong
    no....you can overburn only a few megs....or whatever the cd and drive can allow. but it is risky to overburn as it can damage the media or your burner.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    just open it with winISO. and extract the files. or get daemon tools, convert the .bin to a .iso and mount the iso, it will create an extra drive and act as if the cd was in the drive, and you dont even have to do anything to the .iso 
    sorry but im just a beginner so if you could bear with me and give me a little more info it would be very helpful

1. where do i get winISO for free or do i have to buy it?

2. what daemon tools do i get and how do i "mount" the .iso

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast