Thread: Chess Books, Games, Videos, etc.

Can anyone recommend some sites where they have chess material?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Chi Pheo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    At bitme, there are some documents and video about chess and related. Also check out demonoid, they have alot of stuff related to chess or even chess magazine.
    Last edited by Chi Pheo; 11-30-2006 at 11:11 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Demonoid is the premier stuff for chess books, software, chessbase products, etc. Just type the keyword chess in the search field and i'm sure you'll be delighted with what you see. I wouldn't even bother going anywhere else to be honest.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    david02's Avatar only human BT Rep: +1
    I have been searching for this a long time.....if you want some chess stuff, check out emule!

there are tons of lectures to download there. Much more things can be found there then on any other pnp (eg torrent) networks, believe me...

download emule, choose a server with a low ping value. Connect to KAD (see KAD tab) and use global search method (emule will search on all servers in your server list) and KAD search method in the search tab to look for thingies.

Tip:

Search for:

''Chesslecture''

Great chess game tutorials with a chessboard and speech from chesslecture.com

There are a lot of these and the search will not display all of them. If you want more, rightclick on some users in the transfers tab to check if you can see their shared files. Some users have a whole collection for you to download.

''chess fm''

More lectures from the chess.fm site. Also with a chessboard and speech. great stuff like the dennis monokroussos lectures and from others.

I have hundereds of these lectures described above.

''chessbase''

Some chessbase stuff like chess programs, training dvd's from the great and other applications. Much more chessbase stuff can be found here then anywhere else.

''chess ebook''

some pdf chess books. like Nimzowitch's ''my system'' !!(very old and expensive and instructive not to say the least) and much more.

''chessmaster''

Another chess program with great lectures included from Josh Waitzkin.

you can ofcourse also search for ''chess'' but not everything will be displayed so search the above keywords too.

It takes some time to download with emule. the higher your upload/download ratio the faster you will download but more important , keep it running as long as possible! The more you have it running and uploading the earlier your downloads will start. have patience. If you have a high queue rating (QR) don't worry it will pan out ok. Also search for the above things once in a while again because new users are connecting every day.

keep on playing
    Last edited by david02; 12-01-2006 at 06:05 AM.
    ''God is dead.'' - Nietche
    ''Nietche is dead!'' -God

graffiti

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Ac3Dunk's Avatar S.O.P-Laf BT Rep: +5
    Bitspyder

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Mariosh's Avatar Member BT Rep: +4
    the most of that stuff is most likely to be found at public tracekrs

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    Demonoid is the premier stuff for chess books, software, chessbase products, etc. Just type the keyword chess in the search field and i'm sure you'll be delighted with what you see. I wouldn't even bother going anywhere else to be honest.
    Thanx i knew we can find anything on FST
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3Dunk View Post
    Bitspyder
    Where on bitspyder is chess books available?

Don't know about emule, but demonoid has it. Yep, the only place you can find everything is FST.