Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Few Website Questions

Originally posted by TRshady@18 May 2003 - 18:13
    Is anyone else who uses geocities is finding that their statistics aren't changing?
    wait u just redirected it...

isnt it still taking bandwith from geocities tho if u redirect lol and u didnt get rid of tripod ad... i still get it...

lol well my site wont run out of bandwidth since no one goes there

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    TRshady
    little correction, yahoo briefcase is thirty but thats great when added to your geocities 15mb. I'm only gonna have roms anyway as download so 10mb file limit is fine for me.

Can you have another yahoo briefacse account and link over, I doubt it, seeing as there set to "private" and I wouldn't wanna change that because it would ruin the point of my site.

isnt it still taking bandwith from geocities tho if u redirect lol
    yeah, and the bloddy thing has been taken down ..... again.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    ummm u got any instant messenger type? that i can talk to you thro...?

yahoo briefcase even if set to public is bad...since you cant do direct upload links and they cant see it either unless u pay...

i've tried it...

Edit >> omg i just noticed i forgot to set a link to one of my pages in my flash..

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    TRshady
    yeah, I got msn messenger. Can't chat tonight though as I'm doing maths coursework but that would be good.

Thats the bad thing, no matter how good your site there's always one thing that will pull you back, data transfer limit. So you need to comprimise between exposure and content.

edit: so geocities is your hoster?
    It's a great site, love the graphics. Is it new? as two days ago when I looked at it there was nothing there except for some flash videos or something. Now it really is a site, i'll sign your guestbook.

Should you post the geocities cheat on your site?
    Think about it, if everyone does it. Geocities or gonna do something to change this and may use a different method. I won't even tell my friends about it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    heh... well i can alwayz just keep making new accounts.... but big files exceeding 15mbz i will have to find another source... thinking of making a webpage with cracked

winzip, rar, isobuster, winiso... you know those files required for kazaa... clone cd...

since all those files are really small... i already have adawarepro up but itz an old verison maybe a cracked zone alarm pro too.. but i gott adig up those files from my cd... and then update them

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    TRshady
    You make new geocities accounts and link your files?
    I thought that couldn't be done.

Is you site ever taken down for exceding the data transfer limit?
    Like mine is half the time

I'm thinking of doing my links down the site like yours, mines to amateur at moment don't you think?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    what do you mean by doing the links down the site?

ummm naw it doesnt get down since i link the pics from other websites... only the words are from mine... most of the pics are from other places....

i've only used 7 mbs.... i link big files from other accounts...

once in a while its down since my friend refreshes and kills my limit... heh... but now it rarely gets down sicne no one visits it anymore lolz... well mine is more personal webpage and urs actually helps

i made a page dealing w/ the geocities banner removal

www.geocities.com/soulblade814/Banner.html

taken from KingYoshi of course

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    TRshady
    i made a page dealing w/ the geocities banner removal

www.geocities.com/soulblade814/Banner.html
    lol, that page shows the geocities ad-square.

i've only used 7 mbs.... i link big files from other accounts...
    Does linking files from other places still effect your bandwidth as it's still data tarnsfer through your site right?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    Ex-member
    Does linking files from other places still effect your bandwidth as it's still data tarnsfer through your site right?
    If the file is being downloaded from your site, then yes. If it is not, then no.

edited because I misread the question :">

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    TRshady
    Originally posted by Lamsey@19 May 2003 - 17:57
    If the file is being downloaded from your site, then yes. If it is not, then no.
    So you mean "from your site" as in files in your sites directory or when a download is clicked the "download file prompt" comes up straight away?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast