Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do i change the anounce interval in utorrent?

Poster
    I downloaded a torrent file and the tracker keeps responding with a failure message saying the the minimum interval is 30 minutes. The update time for the torrent seems to be 20 minutes.

Any idea on how to change it on utorrent 1.6?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    you don't. the tracker dictates how often the client announces. unless you override it, by clicking on the update tracker feature of your client.

make a post on the tracker's forum and ask about the error it's giving.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I heard admins dont like it if you update the intervals manually. hmm

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    i know that but this is a different case an i wanted to know if there is a way to set utorrent to perform the updates at a predefined interval

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    You should leave it all but if you must updade it then right click and update tracker.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoar View Post
    i know that but this is a different case an i wanted to know if there is a way to set utorrent to perform the updates at a predefined interval
    I with caution u not to try that bcoz..
    Quote Originally Posted by MadNurseX View Post
    is very true...
    Thanks to aburyach,berserk1980,colterwood,Detale,Evandro,gamer4eva,RealitY,shamong,titana & Xsensei for their help.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    d4rkpri35t's Avatar Metal Messiah
    Quote Originally Posted by MadNurseX View Post
    Indeed.. updating the intervals manually creates unnecessary tracker load... causing the site to run slower

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    thanks ill post in the forums there

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    filephile's Avatar um wat do I put here
    manually updating is probably the most useful if you are not able to forward your ports and are "not connectable". somone in this situation would only be able to connect to (connectable) peers everytime the tracker updated. it might be very hard to seed back enough of popular files early enough to maintain any kind of good ratio if new peers are only available to you every 30 minutes.

I guess the question is..does manually updating the tracker every 10 minutes really put a lot more strain on the server, or only if everybody did it? honestly I don't know enough to answer that, except if it is going to get you banned then it's really not an option.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    d4rkpri35t's Avatar Metal Messiah
    Quote Originally Posted by uvanator View Post
    I guess the question is..does manually updating the tracker every 10 minutes really put a lot more strain on the server, or only if everybody did it? honestly I don't know enough to answer that, except if it is going to get you banned then it's really not an option.
    Honastly, I couldn't answer that question either... I guess it just depends on amount of users/torrents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast