Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We Need A Liquorworld

CrumbCat that drink u posted sounds good i'm going to try it???

2. Lounge   -   #22
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    CrumbCat that drink u posted sounds good i'm going to try it???
    Yeah - it's REALLY good......and REALLY strong. I laugh whenever someone comes to one of our parties for the first time and wants one of them, not knowing how strong they are. The drink tastes very good, so most people think it's not strong......but before they have finished their second one, they are already pissed!

The problem is finding the Cachaça, depending on where you are. Here in the US, it usually costs a minimum of $25.00 or so for a 750 ml bottle. I have over 40 bottles in my stock. Now that doesn't mean I have $1000.00 invested in the stuff, since I pay only $1.50 a bottle for it in Brasil. I go there very year, and can you guess what comes back in my carry-on luggage? That's right, 12-14 bottles of Cachaça.

I'd happily hand you a bottle as a gift, if you were nearby.

Many Brazilians like th substitute the Cachaça with Vodka.....it's really quite popular down there, but I prefer my Caipirinha the traditional way - with Cachaça. You might want to try it this way, if you cannot get your hands on a bottle of the good stuff.

Good luck

Tchau!

3. Lounge   -   #23
    where do u live crumbcat???You could mail it too me

4. Lounge   -   #24
    where do u live crumbcat???You could mail it too me
    Well, it would take more than a , I'll tell you that - what with the costs of Packaging, Transporting it to the post office, the psotage and insurance......

Oh my, what have I started.....I'll never hear the end of this

Tchau!

5. Lounge   -   #25
    lol ok hope i can find it though sounds good

6. Lounge   -   #26
    If you are under the legal drinking age in your state/country, please disregard this thread.

But we won't say a thing. :beerchug:

7. Lounge   -   #27
    nope im 21

8. Lounge   -   #28
    I love Caipirinha's , but have you ever had one after brushing your teeth? I was in Mexico on vacation, woke up late, brushed my teeth, went down to the beach, and ordered a Caipirinha. First sip in front of the hot barkeep, and I spit it all over the place - it tasted like rat poison and piss. So, the moral is, DO NOT brush your teeth before you enjoy the delicious Caipirinha.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    tianup Posted on 14 May 2003 - 22:59
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I love Caipirinha's , but have you ever had one after brushing your teeth? I was in Mexico on vacation, woke up late, brushed my teeth, went down to the beach, and ordered a Caipirinha. First sip in front of the hot barkeep, and I spit it all over the place - it tasted like rat poison and piss. So, the moral is, DO NOT brush your teeth before you enjoy the delicious Caipirinha. 
    I have had that happen, though not with a Caipirinha, but with beer - luckily, I did not spit it all over anyone.

Yes, I agree with you - "DO NOT brush your teeth before you enjoy any type of alcoholic drink". Thankfully, I haven't made that mistake in a long time.

Tchau!

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by tianup@15 May 2003 - 06:59
    First sip in front of the hot barkeep, and I spit it all over the place - it tasted like rat poison and piss. So, the moral is, DO NOT brush your teeth before you enjoy the delicious Caipirinha.
    What???? Spitting alcohol??? What ashameful waste! The true moral is never waste alcohol, no matter what! Even if it tastes like crap, swallow! Think of all the people who'd love to drink but cannot ( under legal age, living in over-religious countries, and so on...)

Crumbcat, I can't find any cachaça here, so please edit out your recipe it's too much of a torture for me not being able to taste it! :'( I guess it's back to hte usual beer, wine, vodka routine...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast