Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Charlotte

The Passion
    yeah, seriously though, The Vines and The Hives are about
    as far from punk as Dream Theater!! lol

The funny thing is, my roommate got me into GC back in Frosh week
    and I thought they had an awesome sound, especially since they come
    from such a horrible childhood. But...once I saw them on MuchMusic (Canada's MTV)
    I couldn't take it....I just find they're TRYING to look punk...ugh! So I just content myself
    with their music.

Great Musicians they are; Stagemen they aint!

2. Music   -   #22
    Poster
    I hate GC, but i do like some of blink182's songs (although I like NOFX more )

3. Music   -   #23
    Originally posted by Loomis@16 May 2003 - 21:07
    yeah, seriously though, The Vines and The Hives are about
    as far from punk as Dream Theater!!  lol

The funny thing is, my roommate got me into GC back in Frosh week
    and I thought they had an awesome sound, especially since they come
    from such a horrible childhood. But...once I saw them on MuchMusic (Canada's MTV)
    I couldn't take it....I just find they're TRYING to look punk...ugh! So I just content myself
    with their music.

Great Musicians they are; Stagemen they aint!
    Face it GC are just a Busted tribute band they are sooo gay they make Erasure look straight

The Vines and The Hives are more punk than GC will ever be and have far more talent than GC could ever dream of.

I will admit the GC cd is good for something, It makes a pretty cool frisby coz it don't come back

4. Music   -   #24
    ok all i have to say is uall have problems i mean u all have the right to ur opinions but really come on they have talent just admit it ok and yea i do listen to things like blink 182 new found glory avril lavigne ect.

5. Music   -   #25
    Nothing wrong with New Found Glory or Blink 182
    Blink 182 are one of my fav bands but JEW Rulz

6. Music   -   #26
    "...but really come on they have talent just admit it ok and yea i do listen to things like blink 182 new found glory avril lavigne ect."

Oh come on! Talent!

There music is meaningless and monotonous. Like I've said in a previous post, bands like NFG, Simple Plan, Sum 41 or Avril Lavigne are taking watered down punk rock and watering it down some more.

The Evolution Of "Power Pop"

Sum 41
    Green Day---->Blink -182- ----->NFG
    Avril Lavigne ect....

It was fresh when Green Day released Dookie in 1994, but is isn't anymore...

7. Music   -   #27
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Originally posted by Finch+15 May 2003 - 19:29--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Finch @ 15 May 2003 - 19:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--marine_aart@15 May 2003 - 05:55
    gc sucks hairy balls
    what does gc mean?
    gc stands for good charlotte and they&#39;re a wannabe punk ass group and all of their fans are teenies [/b][/quote]
    i would like to congratulate you marine_aart in my life i&#39;ve ben called a mosher, goth, ned, & every other music-related name cos of the music i listen to, but up until now i have never been called a teenie fane so thank you, you are the first person to call me a teenie (and hopefully the last )

oh & GC r pop-punk, not pop, not punk but pop-punk..... eijit

I&#39;m gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

8. Music   -   #28
    its ok whut u all think i mean in some ways i dont like them but still they have talent maybe theyre just less popular to you but thats ok i mean they&#39;re good but come on you cant hate them that much............can you?

9. Music   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by masta.z+17 May 2003 - 02:22--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (masta.z @ 17 May 2003 - 02:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Finch@15 May 2003 - 19:29
    <!--QuoteBegin--marine_aart
    @15 May 2003 - 05:55
    gc sucks hairy balls
    what does gc mean?

gc stands for good charlotte and they&#39;re a wannabe punk ass group and all of their fans are teenies
    i would like to congratulate you marine_aart in my life i&#39;ve ben called a mosher, goth, ned, & every other music-related name cos of the music i listen to, but up until now i have never been called a teenie fane so thank you, you are the first person to call me a teenie (and hopefully the last )

oh & GC r pop-punk, not pop, not punk but pop-punk..... eijit [/b][/quote]
    hmm, I think I didnt say that last sentence , I asked what GC ment

10. Music   -   #30
    gc roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ok

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast