Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Good Charlotte

The Passion
    Hey
    Whoever decides to bash Sum41 has some serious musical issues!
    They have talent, they have stage presence, and they please their fans and others alike!!
    Just because you don't like them (and you're not alone, don't worry&#33 doeasn't mean they suck
    it doesn't mean they're "watering down" the punk scene

Sure, they're a different brand of band than we're used too, but just let their fans love them.
    Dislike them quietly and maturely by noy buying their albums....not by flaming them on the forum.

Just my thoughts...b/c you'll never hear me bash a band music, I'll only complain that I, personally don't enjot it.
    That's what it's all about in music; listen to what you like, and like what you listen to!

2. Music   -   #32
    gc's first album was waaaay better the young and the hopeless.....but they're still cool........and the vines suck live

3. Music   -   #33
    thankz loomis

4. Music   -   #34
    and atari

5. Music   -   #35
    "Dislike them quietly and maturely by noy buying their albums....not by flaming them on the forum"

Well excuse me, but this is a forum where people have a right to state there opinion. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm imature.

"..and they please their fans and others alike!! Just because you don't like them (and you're not alone, don't worry&#33 doeasn't mean they suck
    it doesn't mean they're "watering down" the punk scene"

The reason why I don't like bands like Sum41 goes further than just "[not] liking them."

I blame these bands/artists (Avril Laigvne, Sum 41, Simple Plan ect...) for record companies being reluctant to take a chance on unique music. Major labels are releasing music that they know people will buy, regardless of the band or artists talents.

Major record companies are catering to a generation of teenagers who bought BSB/N'SYNC CD's. Record companies are exploiting the evolving pop listener and are releasing music that is "watered down."

"...That's what it's all about in music; listen to what you like, and like what you listen to!"

I NEVER said you should or shouldn't listen to any of this "power pop." If you want to listen to meaningless and monotonous music, go ahead, but please don't say there talented. There just playing the same type of music that was relased 10 years ago (I'm refering to Green Day's Dookie).

By the way, I don't hate "power pop", I'm just tired of people passing it off as punk music. If you really want to listen to some punk music, listen to some Anti-Flag, Propagandhi, Pennywise, Operation Ivy, Guttermouth or NoFX. Give them a chance and maybe you like them.

6. Music   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by Clear Illusions@17 May 2003 - 19:22
    If you really want to listen to some punk music, listen to some Anti-Flag, Propagandhi, Pennywise, Operation Ivy, Guttermouth or NoFX.
    Exactly.

If you really want to listen to some punk music ("watered down." not included) check out Anti-Flag. Pennywise, along with some NoFX, and the MisFits.

7. Music   -   #37
    Good charletttttt?

This is mainvain gay

8. Music   -   #38
    Originally posted by XStacy+17 May 2003 - 12:57--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XStacy @ 17 May 2003 - 12:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Clear Illusions@17 May 2003 - 19:22
    If you really want to listen to some punk music, listen to some Anti-Flag, Propagandhi, Pennywise, Operation Ivy, Guttermouth or NoFX.
    Exactly.

If you really want to listen to some punk music ("watered down." not included) check out Anti-Flag. Pennywise, along with some NoFX, and the MisFits. [/b][/quote]
    NO NO NO, the misfits, sex pistols, fear, germs, total chaos, ect.........................

9. Music   -   #39
    Meh.
    The sex pistols are alright.
    Go can&#39;t go from 0 to 10 ya know.

10. Music   -   #40
    Oh yeah, I like a lot of Bad Religion, Operation Ivy and Dead Kennedys.

Anyone else?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast