Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Good Charlotte

Poster
    Originally posted by sk8punk151+19 May 2003 - 22:17--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sk8punk151 @ 19 May 2003 - 22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--krholmes56@19 May 2003 - 21:58
    ok yall i respect your opinion and umm maybe to you they suck but to me they are a great band ok i like gc and any thing u say aint gonna stop me frum it im still gonna buy theyre records and all that stuff ok i would just appriciate it if you wouldnt burn them soo much i mean i kno its ur oppinion and yuor intitled to it but still repaeting gc sukx hairy ballz aint getting u no where and all im sayin is I LIKE GC ok i think theyre awsome ok :flame: AND GC ISNT THAT POWER POP CRAP&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Your obviously, 11, 12, MAYBE 13 years old.. No offense, but that sentence was so fucking long. What is your current grade in English?? JEEZ [/b][/quote]

Like i said before.

2. Music   -   #52
    I AM TO LAZY TO MAKE A SIG
    you should check you&#39;re own english skills before flaming someone else&#39;s. unless it&#39;s an intentional joke to show you really mean that about being lazy, and i don&#39;t think it is.

3. Music   -   #53
    Poster
    Originally posted by marine_aart+17 May 2003 - 16:30--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (marine_aart @ 17 May 2003 - 16:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -masta.z@17 May 2003 - 02:22
    Originally posted by -Finch@15 May 2003 - 19:29
    <!--QuoteBegin--marine_aart
    @15 May 2003 - 05:55
    gc sucks hairy balls
    what does gc mean?

gc stands for good charlotte and they&#39;re a wannabe punk ass group and all of their fans are teenies

i would like to congratulate you marine_aart in my life i&#39;ve ben called a mosher, goth, ned, & every other music-related name cos of the music i listen to, but up until now i have never been called a teenie fane so thank you, you are the first person to call me a teenie (and hopefully the last )

oh & GC r pop-punk, not pop, not punk but pop-punk..... eijit
    hmm, I think I didnt say that last sentence , I asked what GC ment [/b][/quote]
    eh masta.z you would find that i said that

4. Music   -   #54
    Herie's Avatar Member
    There was a time I realy liked those guy&#39;s.
    I have even been to a concert of them.
    but dude, the live playings sucked so hard I try to forget that night.

since then I came to see that they are quit commercial...

so trhat was the end of the story "GC" for me.
    but if their music makes other people happy,fine with me...

5. Music   -   #55
    Mivaro's Avatar _________
    *sigh*
    Ok, you&#39;ve done it, i&#39;m going to dl a couple of gc songs to hear what you all are talking about.....
    Not that i care if they are punk, powerpop, watered down, or what ever, for me all those "new" punk bands are a bit strange anyhow. As i&#39;m old (40) punk is bands like the sex pistols, GBH, The Exploited, etc. i like them, but also greenday, Avril Lavigne, NOFX, Destiny&#39;s child( now THAT&#39;S punk :teehee: ). It&#39;s so simple, you like a song, or you don&#39;t. Who cares what it&#39;s called
    'English impaired'

6. Music   -   #56
    It&#39;s so simple, you like a song, or you don&#39;t. Who cares what it&#39;s called&nbsp;
    exactly.

7. Music   -   #57
    com on u guyz whuts wit dat i mean really who gines a &#036;hit if i dont use punctuation.and if u have to kno my grades arent that bad ok.And just becuz im not 30 -70 like u guyz dosent mean i&#39;m not smart enough to use punctuaation and yea i probably spelled that wrong to but really dose it look like i give a shit?

8. Music   -   #58
    Originally posted by Mivaro@20 May 2003 - 17:34
    *sigh*
    Ok, you&#39;ve done it, i&#39;m going to dl a couple of gc songs to hear what you all are talking about.....
    Not that i care if they are punk, powerpop, watered down, or what ever, for me all those "new" punk bands are a bit strange anyhow. punk is bands like the sex pistols, GBH, The Exploited, etc. i like them, but also greenday, Avril Lavigne, NOFX, Destiny&#39;s child( now THAT&#39;S punk :teehee: ). It&#39;s so simple, you like a song, or you don&#39;t. Who cares what it&#39;s called
    yea i sorta agree but uhh nevermind

9. Music   -   #59
    If you want my opinion, (your going to get it anyway) It seems to me that most things that used to be "rebellious" when I was a kid, (I&#39;m 26) are just downright Trendy now. Its funny what most people think of as "punk" rock nowadays
    Its very hard in this day and age to BE original. As a musician I know&#33;
    I listen to music no one has ever heard of, I&#39;ll say: have you heard of such and such band? and they&#39;ll go huh?
    Good charlotte (or whatever) Has got to be the furthest thing from what I consider underground.
    In a nutshell; they will be gone in no time, and yet another stupid "band" will come along and fill the perverbial "vacuum" that is left and on, and on.......................
    Underground music will always be here. Hiding, festering, waiting for people who demand more for their ears&#33;&#33;
    :beerchug:

10. Music   -   #60
    Originally posted by the_faceman@19 May 2003 - 05:45
    why don&#39;t people just be themselves? and like what they actually enjoy, instead of what they think makes them look cool, or listen to stuff they actually hate because they want to be different.

i think it&#39;s silly to follow the mainstream, but i also think it&#39;s silly to avoid the mainstream like the plague, as a lot of stuff has become popular because it&#39;s actually good.

It just happens to be a FACT that "underground" is a cut above (or below? ) everything else.
    I don&#39;t like to label music too much either, but you have to categorize it somehow. (Hence the over use of quotation marks)
    If "Mainstream" had anything to offer me, i.e: anything pleasing to my ears, I would give it a chance.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast