Thread: show tonite: kse, bury your dead, hatebreed

lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    fuck i can't wait to see howard launch into fixation on the darkness. it's gonna be rowdy. let's just pray my spectacles survive.....

i'll give ya a post-show rundown.

2. Music   -   #2
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    You fucking bastard

I'm so jealous!

KSE isnt' coming to Vancouver (yet they're going to cities that are only 1 days' drive away, bastards) and I'm mega pissed that I can't seem em live, I love their new album too!

Don't spare any details on the post-show rundown and Fixation on the darkness is to die for.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Music   -   #3
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Fuck, KSE is gonna be the shit live..... have fun!

4. Music   -   #4
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    well? how was it! Did they play arms of sorrow ?

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

5. Music   -   #5
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    he's not responding so that must mean he's broken an arm or is seriously bruised. anything less is uncivilized.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

6. Music   -   #6
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    oohhhhhh man was it ace. first off, hatebreed didn't make it due to midwestern weather conditions. slightly disappointing, but whatever.

firstly, the ticket states the show starts at 5:30. we get there are like 5:50 and it hasn't started. we figured since one band wasn't showing up they had to delay it a bit... 1.5 hours later at 7:30 the thing starts.

2cents was the first band to play. firstly noticed the drum set was at the front of the stage sideways. turns out their drummer is their singer. the band did good overall. they played a tribute song for dimebag darrell which was pretty fucking sweet. they played the simpsons and king of the hill themes also. stoners too, cuz at one point he dedicated a song to all the tokers and then goes, 'and we just crossed the border so, uh, if you can help us out at all.... let us know.' they played maybe 6/7 songs. then 15 minutes until bury your dead started.

i luv bury your dead so i was excited as hell to see them rip it up. first off, i gotta say i have never seen a band better at that swinging guitar-over-the-shoulder trick. it was fucking ridiculous. their one guitar player must practice it like its an olympic sport. one time he got it around 3 consecutive times before he went back to the chugga-chugga. fuck yea. to my surprise between songs, the singer goes, 'alrite, fuck it, you guys know what the wall-of-death is??' (hell yea i know what the wall of death is!!) he gets the crowd split and i'm not trying to sound tuff, but i was on the front lines of one side and yea, it was out of control. they played 'house of straw' which got everyone jumpin and ended with 'losin' it' that had all of us screaming 'bury your fucking dead!' sweetness

KsE came on after a ~25 min break. they started off with 'a bid farewell' and damn did it feel good to sing with howard. next up was 'fixation on the darkness' and it was f-in top notch. the AHs alone in that song will give you a chubby. i'll try and recount all the songs they played: 'when darkness falls', 'rose of sharyn', 'the end of heartache', (a strong showing for TEOH, expected); songs off the new album: 'as daylight dies', 'this is absolution', and also either 'unbroken' or 'my curse', i'm not really sure. sorry cpt, no arms of sorrow. howard goes, 'ok how about a request??' i immediately screamed 'my last serenade' as loud as i humanly could. and to my they fucking played it. amazing amazing amazing. 'the end of heartache' was the last song played and they walked off stage as they also do. a little bit of chanting and whatnot and they they came back out and covered 'holy diver' by DIO. fucking sick as hell. i got a drumstick thrown right to me. it hit me in the arm but once it hit the ground it was a riot. luckily, someone i went there with got it and stuffed it in his pants. score! theres all the music-related stuff, onto adam's wardrobe and comments.

he was dressed in a headband, a cape, tank top, and gym shorts. i don't think i've ever seen a guitarist so comfortably dressed. he made some weird ass comments too. he was talking about putting miracle grow in our mom's asses and stuff. whatev dood.

awesome show overall. if hatebreed had been there i might have died. i was sore as fuck yesterday. i didn't move around a whole lot. my legs hurt from jumping and my neck for obvious reasons, but i'm feeling a lot better today tho.
    can't wait until my next show!!

7. Music   -   #7
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551 View Post
    onto adam's wardrobe and comments.

he was dressed in a headband, a cape, tank top, and gym shorts. i don't think i've ever seen a guitarist so comfortably dressed. he made some weird ass comments too. he was talking about putting miracle grow in our mom's asses and stuff. whatev dood.
    Haha, that guy needs some counseling Sounds like it was blast!