Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: (Ali G) "Borat" movie

2. Movies & TV   -   #72
    that's a very good movie everyone would like.

3. Movies & TV   -   #73
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Actually I'm from kazakhstan here. it's very funny to find out smth'n new about my native land!

4. Movies & TV   -   #74
    Quote Originally Posted by caza11 View Post
    Actually I'm from kazakhstan here. it's very funny to find out smth'n new about my native land!

Even though most of it was filmed in Romania!

I like to think there's a little Borat in all of us...

5. Movies & TV   -   #75
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    very weird film... funny - yes, yet shocking at some points..

in fact, when he speaks to his Kazakh helper (Azmat), in supposed Kazakh, he is actually speaking pretty good Hebrew..

in fact, after the naked wrestling with Azmat, when Borat runs after him, he throws a hilarious swear at him in Hebrew. "Kus ahot-ha ha-tsolaat" which literally means "goddamn your crippled sisters pussy", which yeah, in English sounds crap, but its a widely used swear in Hebrew, which made the whole cinema burst out laughing..

6. Movies & TV   -   #76
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    in fact, when he speaks to his Kazakh helper (Azmat), in supposed Kazakh, he is actually speaking pretty good Hebrew..
    Sacha Baron Cohen was born into an orthodox jewish family, so I guess he was taught Hebrew as part of his upbringing.

I don't know where he got the swearing from though

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Sacha was a member of, and in 1989 first acted (in Neil Simon's play Biloxi Blues) with,[1] the Jewish Zionist youth movement group "Habonim Dror."[2]

He spent a year in Israel at Kibbutz Rosh Hanikra as part of the Habonim Dror Shnat program before going to university.[3]

Baron Cohen is an observant Jew. He keeps kosher, and generally observes the Jewish Sabbath, refusing to answer the phone on shabbat.[4][5][6]

As a supreme jest, understood by few, while playing Jew-bashing Borat he frequently speaks in Hebrew. He also sings the lyrics from an old Hebrew folk song, and identifies his country's greatest scientist, who discovered that a woman's brain is the same size as that of a squirrel, as "Dr. Yarmulke."

7. Movies & TV   -   #77
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    never knew he was at Rosh Hanikra.. thats like 25 minutes away from me...

and just cos he was born into an Orthodox family doesn't necessarily mean he would be taught Hebrew..

anyways, interesting info

8. Movies & TV   -   #78
    He's a talented guy...Cambridge educated, hot wife (Isla Fisher) and can laugh at himself and smile about his own religion.

Got a huge cock as well, i saw him in his thong-otard.

I want to be him....
    Last edited by jimbo12345; 12-08-2006 at 01:20 AM.

9. Movies & TV   -   #79
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Saw it. The movie is hilarious!

10. Movies & TV   -   #80
    xboxgod123's Avatar Man Utd Fan!!!!!
    so funny!!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast