Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: *official Matrix Chat* Reloaded & Revolution Chat

1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    OMG! This is was hella solid... and talk about an ending, goodness.... anyhow, a few rules on this thread.

a) no requests for links, hashes or files, this is to only talk storyline, and the movie

B) be nice to everyone!

c) there are spoilers, *WARNING* stay out if you dont want to hear about them....

Okay, now heres my thoughts.

1. The ending first and foremost. Who was that guy? Across the way from neo? "The only survivor of the attack on the outposts lines of zion"? Well, I will tell you what I think... Remember when smith, ran into the two guys in the matrix, seemingly for no reason, and first replicated himself... what did he do? Took the hard line out... to the REAL world... what did that guy have... a goatee... what did the guy on the table have... a goatee... both brunettes also... So, that seemingly insignificant phone call, was disaster... that was smith, or his human counterpart. THis is of course brings a ton of questions, how could smith survive outside of the matrix, being only a program/virus, etc... well maybe, remember what morpheus told neo, you body believes what your brain feels/does in the matrix... maybe smith was able to override that guys brainwaves, etc... putting his persona in taht human body... hmmmmm opinions? Also remember, smith says parts of their code swwapped and copied on to each other....

2. How the hell did neo sense the machines, and seemingly stop them at the end, in the "real world"? Is that real world they are apparently in at that time, maybe just another part of the matrix... has neo found some way, via the seemingly destruction of smith, and the change of code, to somehow control/interfere with the machines in the real world? Also... in a related note... how does neo sense the agents comming at the beggining? Also suggested that maybe he is a program, of sorts... the anomaly in the matrix... much like pi is in mathematics...

3. Is all of zion dead, or whats the deal? did they say that only that one body one the ship, survived? obviously some people survive, people somewhere, cuz in the revolutions trailer, we see people operating mechs, etc... and a shot of zion if i am not mistaken... and them asking, "are we too late"... seemingly refering to zion...

4. What is smiths ultimate goal? to conquer the matrix, take it all over? if so, why aid in the destruction of zion. The seeming traitor who let the emp off early, im assuming was him, hence he was the only survivor somehow, and how did that body, smith or not, survive... my theory, because that body registered as dead within the matrix, when he took it over... hence the machines, wouldnt account for his death, when smith seemingly overwrites his conscious...

5. Now when that building blew up, wasnt the matrix as it was, seemingly destroyed? wasnt that the whole network, hardware which ran it, etc? So how does it still exist, does it? obviously it does, cuz we see smith and neo fight in it, in the revolutions trailer... explanations?

well, tahts my thoughts for now, lets get some comments up in here! debate, add to, and tell me what u cats think.

*ps... to the mods, and everyone bitching about more reloaded threads... this has nothing to do with any of the others... as it is by no means related to files, torrents, or where to get it, or any of that other bullshit we have had to put up with for two months... so please leave this alone...we deserve the right to have a real chat about the movies, minus all the other bullshit*

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Wow, I can't even put into words everything I'm thinking. I'm going to see it again this weekend, so that I can follow the details more closely. I'll address the only question I feel I'm capable of answering at this hour, and that is about Neo, and the machines.

The architect left many things to be pondered, and Neo's choice was to save the girl, and not humanity. Could this be because Neo is not a human, but in fact a machine? Possibly some sort of hybrid?

Oh yeah, and the mechs look awesome in the trailer for Revolutions. Too bad we had to sit thru 15 minutes of credits for a 45 second trailer.

I also think there is more to the keyman than meets the eye. Can't wait to see it again, so I can get my fix. B)
    Proud member of MDS

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Part man, part machine... interesting... maybe, maybe only since the sorta merger with him and smith, when they swapped code?

A few more things ive picked up from the trailer...
    oracles body guard, or what ever he was, the asian guy, (was originaly set to be played by jet li btw), is still alive,

The long haired crazy guy... also appears in the revolutions trailer... the one who said something about 12, or was it 24 hours... then end of zion, zion falling or something... what is his role...

btw... i have heard a rumor, which prolly is total bs... so take no stock in it... but that trinity may be agent... what, how, etc... no clue, so take no stock in it, as its seemingly just that, a rumor...

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    ahh shit there was a trailer after the credits?!! I can't sit that long through the credits. Oh man when the architect was babbling on, I was like... WTF is this guy babbling about? and schmiggy your right on the money, that was smith in that guys body and it was the guy that sabbotaged the EMP weapon. and your question is good too, how did smith survive out of the matrix? but even a better question you should ask is why did smith cut his hand and then proceed to shake neos hand? to infect him perhaps? and last but not least, why did the machines continue to dig even after destroying "ZION"? hmmm intresting. and another good question is...how did neo control those squigglies at the end? maybe this is a box inside of a box inside of a box sorta thing with the matrix. but one things for certain! I cant wait to see revelations!!!

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by be_man31@15 May 2003 - 01:13
    but even a better question you should ask is why did smith cut his hand and then proceed to shake neos hand? to infect him perhaps?
    OMG!

was that guy, who shook his hand... the same guy smith infected? holy shit... i gotta finish the download NOW! i didnt even think of that, that the guy with the knife, was the same one smith infected...... but it seemingly makes so much more sense, cuz if that wasnt that "body", the body from the infection, and phone call, and the body at the end... what else does it fit into, and the answer is really nothing... so that makes perfect sense....

my first thoughts were that guy was gonna try to stab him, but that makes more sense now that u mention it... but infect him with what... wouldnt his virus be limited to the matrix? maybe neo is part machine... and he knew that neo would somehow replicate the blood/virus, in the real world... hence his control over the machines at the end, because he is part machine... i dunno...

and the architect... i want to listen to that speech many more times... it was dull at times, but i feel there was some major significance to it all, taht maybe i didnt pick up on the first time....

wow, that has me thinking even more now, damn movie!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    and what was with that whole kiss neo had with that one woman...(cant remember her name offhand..).. it seemed like there was more to it than meets the eye, but i cant put a finger on it...

one of the biggest things i thought was.. ok, ive watched the 94 Meg trailer, and almost all of it was from the first half hour!

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    another question: When The Oracle leaves, Smith and The Smiths show up in the same space just seconds after her exit. Why? Is fighting The Smiths a part of what Neo needs to do to get to the next part of his journey? Seraph seems to almost clear The Oracle out of the space in anticipation of Smith’s arrival. Yet, Smith is no longer an agent and she should have seen him coming before Seraph, no? So whats this mean for the oracle, is she real, good bad, i dunno..

Merovingian (the guy from the resturant, who kept the key maker)introduces the idea of cause and effect as the driving force of society, machine and human, above and beyond the “illusion” of control. But even as a program, The Merovingian still says that we are all animals. Curious. Another indicator that The Merovingian was once The One is that he knows the role of The Keymaster, who he keeps locked up in a room without a keyed door. Interesting concepts here...

a thread at aint it cool news, talking about similiar ideas..., i have taken a few of my questions from there...

ya, really, i did enjoy the fact that most of trailer is from early in the flick

and about the kiss... story on Persephone, (her name, not sure spelling), is that supposedly with a kiss, or soemthing, she can read all your thoughts, yours fears, etc, and tell you things, if she choses, that you may not want to hear, this comming from a interview with bellaucci, explaining her character...

BTW... this was taken from harrys review at aint it cool news... apparently we misunderstood something, and zion didnt fall.... hafta watch it again i guess, to catch it fully
    BTW – I want to correct something from my first review. ZION isn’t destroyed in MATRIX RELOADED. That was a point of confusion for me, sorry if this caused you any problems, admittedly I guess my mind was still on the event that had immediately preceded that conversation.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    They only lost the first counter attack at their main lines. The didn't lose the city yet.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    私は日本語を知らない。
    I'm not going to read all these other posts cause I just got back from Reloaded and am a little tired. Still going to watch whats left of adult swim on cartoon network though.

Anyway I'd just like to bitch about the employees at the movies 8 where I live. The damned cleaning lady kept turning on the lights during the credits. Ended up having to watch the trailer in the light instead of dark.

Also that trailer saved me from a speeding ticket. When heading home I saw someone else who had been there and left right when the movie ended pulled over on the side of the road by a cop. Thankyou trailer.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    so wake ur ass up, and get back in here when u can, lol... i wanna figure some of this shit out...

Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast