Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Theres Somebody In My Computer! :blink:

el_tigra
    HI, last night somebody recieved an MSN from my computer but I wasnt even at home when that happened. Im a supernode since a couple of days and Ive been using Kaaza for a week now. This hasnt happend before, how big is the change the guy can acces my computer through Kaaza?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I don't think it's caused by Kazaa, also it could just be someone using your MSN sign-on from anywhere, not necessarily from your computer. They may have had access to your ID and password at some time..

I'd recommend a virus and trojan scan (www.antivirus.com have an online scanner if you don't have one), also you could try running a personal firewall such as ZoneAlarm.

Also I'd recommend changing your MSN password (and any other passwords for that matter) that you think someone else might know.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Scan for viruses and trojans, etc. If you have pets, are you sure they can't use a computer?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I Recomend, free Sygate firewall, and free 6.0 from grisoft.
    I have been using it now a long time and it's been very good.
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Will this help

Yeah.. i agree with you gues with this... it is NOT kazza but i think that you have an Trojan Horse (NOT a virus) Read the VIRUS :rtfaq:

But as people say download an Free Firewall... Or do you have Win XP then it is "built in" in the OS... (Shure iam not an geek, just telling) Another thing you can do is to goto this website and search for an fire walll.... :flame: or Do it my style be an :pirate: and use KazZa... Do you have the KL (KaZaa Lite).... Try it an search for Firewall, Norton.. (Norton Personal Firewall) Or you can do it the o (angel) way and go to the store and buy the program..

BUT REMEMBER THIS

The term "software piracy" covers different activities: illegal copying of programs, counterfeiting and distributing software - even sharing a program with a friend. It's important to understand the different software piracy channels, not just to comply with the law but also to protect against bigger economic problems like lost revenue...and lost jobs.
    Me and my 's again

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by el_tigra@13 May 2003 - 11:19
    HI, last night somebody recieved an MSN from my computer but I wasnt even at home when that happened. Im a supernode since a couple of days and Ive been using Kaaza for a week now. This hasnt happend before, how big is the change the guy can acces my computer through Kaaza?
    Have you done a seance lately?? Could be paranormal activity

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    heey download ad adware or Tronjan remover

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    get Norton Antivirus.. the best

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Have you done a seance lately??  Could be paranormal activity   
    dont be silly. He has obviously been sleep posting. B)

It happens when you find a really good forum like this one. you go to bed at night and dream of the forum and in the middle of the night you will get up and start using the computer in your sleep.

The only cure is to spam the forum to get out all that posting stress.

Why do you think FC posts so much

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    We're all fn mind readers. Where's the original poster? Hasn't said sh*t since about what he's done. Peace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast