Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think of "making offers" in the invite section?

ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Also double posting is considered to be rude but someone on this thread has already done that....twice.

Ever heard of an edit button!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    I've replied to one or two "make offer" threads with a pm and never even got a reply back so I take that as my offer was no good.

If you want my opinion on it, people should say "I have x,y,z and want a,b,c."

That way the people who don't have a,b,c to offer can move on.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I am not a n00b BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by superman1496 View Post
    I've replied to one or two "make offer" threads with a pm and never even got a reply back so I take that as my offer was no good.

Don't you just hate it when people don't reply back to you.

Ok back on topic i think its just pure lazy.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    i don't think that the "make offer" post is so rude. it depends ... let's say i will post "i have RSR, make offers". i guess i'm posting that because i know RSR has some value, but i don't know how much value and i expect to see what offers will i get. let's say someone will tell me "i can give you bitme bitmetv TTi, ***, all that for RSR". after that i can tell him that i allready have bitme and TTi and that i will accept the offer if he can replace those 2 with some other trackers of similar value. eventualy i can nominate one or 2 that i might want.
    the situation i presented is special because RSR is a rare tracker. if the same post happends with learnbits for instance then the user is lame and rude. with learnbits he should know that he will only get one tracker and he can tell the others exactly what he wants (hoping that someone will give something for learnbits)
    anothr situation where it's not rude (imho) is when someone has 50 invites to a tracker. in this situation he might accept up to 50 offers so he hopes ppl will offer many trackers that are completly new to him. he will just select from the PM's the ones that are interesting.
    in conclusion there is no way you can tell that all ppl that post "make offers" are rude, but many are.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by superman1496 View Post

what about if you want a,b,c (level 3 trackers) and cause i really want what you have i will offer you a level 3.5 or level 4 tracker ? i guess you just did not expect someone to give you such an offer, but i guess you will take it...

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    hdooga's Avatar ANTI-TRADER BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    Also double posting is considered to be rude but someone on this thread has already done that....twice.

Why? At least I post constructive criticism with arguments why it is annoying, not just to be an asshole. Or maybe you have a reason why double posting is annoying?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Most people don't consider it rude because it isn't rude maybe a bit of laziness but i don't see how it's rude especially when anyone can just ignore it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    hdooga's Avatar ANTI-TRADER BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by astarow View Post
    in conclusion there is no way you can tell that all ppl that post "make offers" are rude, but many are.
    Well as I said my problem was those that don't at least give a general idea of what they want or list a few sites that they already have. The text "only 3.5+ ranked site offers welcome" is enough for me.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by hdooga View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post

Why? At least I post constructive criticism with arguments why it is annoying, not just to be an asshole. Or maybe you have a reason why double posting is annoying?
    No its just net etiquette in the same way that posting in caps is. Some people may interpret that as rude whilst others don't. I agree its annoying but not rude.

What you have not taken into account is that rude and annoying are not the same. To be rude is to offend someone. I can't see how you can be offended by someone who asks for offers....annoyed yes but not offended.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12