Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheating at trackers?

Has anyone done this? I don't cheat but sometimes I really get the urge to, a 384 kb connection isnt all that great
    http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/9376/tlpoweruserzm3ds1.png

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Dude, low speeds doesn't warrant cheating. I have the same speed as you, and I've never even thought about cheating. It's filesharing. If you're really worried about your ratio, just head over to the public sites, where you don't have to worry about it as much. But you should still seed.
    Last edited by Shadowfire; 12-07-2006 at 01:11 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Backslash's Avatar you're dead BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    i still don't understand how you can manipulate statistics.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ... can't touch this BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    Dude, low speeds doesn't warrant cheating. I have the same speed as you, and I've never even thought about cheating. It's filesharing. If you're really worried about your ratio, just head over to the private sites, where you don't have to worry about it as much. But you should still seed.
    i assume you mean public sites

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Crap, that's right. I'll edit that.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ... can't touch this BT Rep: +1

seriously, don't cheat. private sites are a privilege and cheaters ruin it for the rest of us. having a slow connection doesn't justify cheating because a lot of sites offer free leech/bonus points/etc. to help your ratios. also, most sites only require you to have a ratio just under 1 and if you put effort into it chances are you'll see it grow way over in time... all it takes is patience.
    anyway, it's pointless to learn how to cheat because if the site is half decent, it'll have scripts in place to catch cheaters. and when caught, your info will likely spread to other sites and you'll probably receive a mass bt ban.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    if you have a slow connection, perhaps you should look into newsgroups. that way you don't have to share anything back.

having a slow connection is no excuse, as others have said. I was stuck on a 256k connection for a long time, and had no problem maintaining a decent ratio. you've just got to be selective of what you download.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Flip RepresenT BT Rep: +5
    yea man don cheat just let it seed for a while i know its painfull sometimes but its a good thing to give back what you take lol

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    lol, dude cheating is impossible at private sites, u have ratio there, although u can stop seeding a torrent u have dlled from open/public tracker and they will not ban u, doing the same on privte torrent site is not wise.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by FFh View Post
    lol, dude cheating is impossible at private sites, u have ratio there, although u can stop seeding a torrent u have dlled from open/public tracker and they will not ban u, doing the same on privte torrent site is not wise.
    Cheating on a private tracker is far from impossible. But as someone above stated, many of the private tracker sites share information. Once you've been banned from one site, you're likely to be black-balled from several other sites as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlaZinMonK3
    Has anyone done this? I don't cheat but sometimes I really get the urge to, a 384 kb connection isnt all that great
    I'm not even sure I understand the question. Why are you relating your connection speed to cheating?

yo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast