Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jimmy Carter strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    .. you fail to mention you have no knowledge of Mr. Carter, either.
    You have no way of knowing what I know of Carter, so another nothing post.

You really have gone down hill, a bit like the party you cling to.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    .. you fail to mention you have no knowledge of Mr. Carter, either.
    You have no way of knowing what I know of Carter, so another nothing post.

You really have gone down hill, a bit like the party you cling to.
    Apart from the fact I am the one attempting to save you the embarrassment, have you noticed that you are the only other person participating in this thread.

I admit I have no use whatsoever for the man.

What say you?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Apart from the fact I am the one attempting to save you the embarrassment,
    Haha! What a strange thing to say, you're the one who should be embarrassed, you've been made to look a complete fool.

What say you?
    I say he didn't bring the world to the brink of disaster, he didn't illegally invade another country, and he didn't lie and cheat his way through his term.

Here's a few other things he did ...

With bipartisan support he and Congress deregulated the trucking, airline, rail, finance, communications, and oil industries. Carter bolstered the social security system; and appointed record numbers of women and minorities to significant government and judicial posts. In foreign affairs, Carter's major initiatives included the Camp David Accords, the Panama Canal Treaties, the creation of full diplomatic relations with the People's Republic of China, and the negotiation of the SALT II Treaty. In addition, he is seen as a champion of human rights throughout the world and used human rights as the center of his administration's foreign policy.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Haha! What a strange thing to say, you're the one who should be embarrassed, you've been made to look a complete fool.

What say you?
    I say he didn't bring the world to the brink of disaster, he didn't illegally invade another country, and he didn't lie and cheat his way through his term.

With bipartisan support he and Congress deregulated the trucking, airline, rail, finance, communications, and oil industries. Carter bolstered the social security system; and appointed record numbers of women and minorities to significant government and judicial posts. In foreign affairs, Carter's major initiatives included the Camp David Accords, the Panama Canal Treaties, the creation of full diplomatic relations with the People's Republic of China, and the negotiation of the SALT II Treaty. In addition, he is seen as a champion of human rights throughout the world and used human rights as the center of his administration's foreign policy.
    Then it is plain you've bought the popular line, rather than the true one.

Tell me this:

How would you know if what you thought was wrong?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25

Tell me this:

he knows plenty, that paragraph is a quote from carter's not particularly flattering wikipedia article

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw View Post

Tell me this:

he knows plenty, that paragraph is a quote from carter's not particularly flattering wikipedia article
    I don't bother with Wiki-whatever, but I have heard anyone can "update" the information espoused there.

Mayhap I'll treat Jimmah to a wee corrective makeover...

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123