Thread: What message I should leave?

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    OK this is probably nuts or not even wise. But I want to use this free permanent voicemail to give out a cell phone number that will change around every 10 days.

(http://www.privatephone.com/)
    1. Signing up is easy and FREE!
    2. Get voicemail alerts in email
    or on your cell phone.
    3. Check your voicemail over the
    phone or online.
    4. No contract, credit cards, or
    extra equipment required.
    5. Select an area code
    from most cities.

The reason is I can get preactivated SIM cards with 150 minutes for real real cheap.

These SIM cards come with out of state numbers. I can get the numbers changed to a random instate number. But I can't keep the same cell number & port it from one preactivated SIM card to another preactivated SIM card.

So what I'm asking is. What message I should leave? Only have like 30 seconds. I want it to be simple, brief, express thanks for inconviencing people & as professional/uncheesy as possible. Something like this:

"Hi this is zapjb's voicemail. If you want to talk to me now, call (xxx)xxx-xxxx. That number will change approximately every week. Check back here to get the current number. Thanks very much."

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Heres what I've come up with so far.

"Hi this is zapjb. Please have a pen & a piece of paper ready. To reach me now, call (xxx)xxx-xxxx. Check back here as needed, my office number, as my cell phone number changes frequently insuring cell phone maximization. Once again my cell phone number at this time is (xxx)xxx-xxxx. Looking forward to talking to you. Thanks again."

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    When you drop a penny in the street, does it hit you in the back of your head when you try to pick it up.
    Last edited by manker; 12-09-2006 at 10:02 AM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Fuck you. This is The Drawing Room not The Lounge.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I am terribly sorry to disrespect your awesome thread, which is so pertinent to the rest of the members here, in such a flippant way.

Please allow me to redress this matter by providing you with a way to be totally frank with people who listen to the message.

Hi. This is Wee Willie McJock, I've recently decided to penny-pinch in the most bizarre way ever and, as a result, you're having to piss about in order to contact me. I don't give a fuck, tho', cos I saved myself about $3.68. If you need me, call on 555-765098 because like fuck am I spending cash money to call you.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    OK this is probably nuts or not even wise. But I want to use this free permanent voicemail to give out a cell phone number that will change around every 10 days.

(http://www.privatephone.com/)
    1. Signing up is easy and FREE!
    2. Get voicemail alerts in email
    or on your cell phone.
    3. Check your voicemail over the
    phone or online.
    4. No contract, credit cards, or
    extra equipment required.
    5. Select an area code
    from most cities.

The reason is I can get preactivated SIM cards with 150 minutes for real real cheap.

These SIM cards come with out of state numbers. I can get the numbers changed to a random instate number. But I can't keep the same cell number & port it from one preactivated SIM card to another preactivated SIM card.

So what I'm asking is. What message I should leave? Only have like 30 seconds. I want it to be simple, brief, express thanks for inconviencing people & as professional/uncheesy as possible. Something like this:

"Hi this is zapjb's voicemail. If you want to talk to me now, call (xxx)xxx-xxxx. That number will change approximately every week. Check back here to get the current number. Thanks very much."
    How much are the 150 minute SIM cards? It just seems like a lot of trouble unless they are next to free.

edit: Are you using this for business purposes?

Why not get a local # and forward it to your cell (whatever # it may be) if it's not long distance.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 12-09-2006 at 07:30 PM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    $5-$7 for 150 anytime mobile minutes. Also another reason I like the idea of changing numbers weekly. There are some people I'm trying to avoid. No & they're not loansharks.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

Hi. This is Wee Willie McJock, I've recently decided to penny-pinch in the most bizarre way ever and, as a result, you're having to piss about in order to contact me. I don't give a fuck, tho', cos I saved myself about $3.68. If you need me, call on 555-765098 because like fuck am I spending cash money to call you.
    I think that pretty much sums it up.

yo

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    $5-$7 for 150 anytime mobile minutes. Also another reason I like the idea of changing numbers weekly. There are some people I'm trying to avoid. No & they're not loansharks.
    Gotcha. Constantly changing numbers (and voice mail messages) would be a hassle though.

T-Mobile has 600 minutes + free nights and weekends for $40 a month.

You would pay half to $12 less but with added hassle plus you could possible pay more when you factor in free nights and weekends.