Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Bush the worse US President ever?

Question Mark

Is Bush the worse US president you've ever had?

From a recent blog ...
    "He was a failed student, a failed military man, a failed businessman who drove several businesses into the ground. An ex-alcoholic and substance abuser."

This, from another site ..

1. Bush and his oligarchic companions sabotaged American democracy so they could pillage taxpayer resources.
    2. Bush and his cabal of henchmen lied to the American people about Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq, and they continue to obfuscate the truth while their companies cash in, Iraqis suffer and American soldiers die.
    3. Bush is bad for business and the economy. He is only interested in enriching himself and his friends.
    4. Bush is bad for the future. He is compromising the prosperity of tomorrow's America by shortchanging today's children.
    5. Bush is bad for the environment.
    6. The Bush Administration has manipulated the media to the point of undermining the Constitutional guarantees of a Free Press.
    7. Bush has tried to undermine the United Nations, a democratic institution created in large measure by Presidents Eisenhower and Truman. Without even understanding what the UN does, Bush has called it "irrelevant" when it fails to fall in line with his dictates.
    8. Bush is inarticulate and projects a stereotype abroad of Americans being ignorant and myopic.
    9. Bush torpedoes global agreements on everything from racism and global warming to biological weapons and land mines, and then expects the world to line up behind him.
    10. Bush took positive patriotism and global support in the wake of 9/11 and forced it behind his own narrow self-interest in Iraq. He hijacked 9/11 for his own benefit.
    11. Bush stands against everything America stands for.

Source

So, has there been a worse one, apart from Jimmy Carter, of course?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Can a mod move this to Funny Stuff?

yo

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I really hate to dignify this thread with a legitimate response, but I guess I'll have to give vidcc something to comment on so he doesn't praise this as the Best Thread Ever.

There have been plenty of successes during the Bush administration:

Tax cuts.
    No child left behind
    Prescription drug plan
    Housing policies that have obviously expanded home ownership.

Any appraisal of Bush's record must consider that he took over in difficult times. By most measures, the economy is doing well: Inflation, interest rates, and unemployment are low, the stock market is higher than it's ever been and still climbing, economic growth is right with it also.

Bush has had the uneven trip of guiding the USA through the post 9/11 era, and the country has not seen an attack in over five years, though there have been many attempts.

A recent column I read put it well:
    I don't know how history will judge him. My guess is that, like most presidents, he will have a mixed record. We can debate policies and actions now, but honesty should force us to acknowledge that real judgments will have to wait.

yo

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Jimmy Carter was the worst U.S. president ever.

He is now the worst ex-U.S. president ever.

It is not likely his remarkable incompetence will be eclipsed, ever.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    Is Bush the worse US president you've ever had?

From a recent blog ...
    "He was a failed student, a failed military man, a failed businessman who drove several businesses into the ground. An ex-alcoholic and substance abuser."

This, from another site ..

1. Bush and his oligarchic companions sabotaged American democracy so they could pillage taxpayer resources.
    2. Bush and his cabal of henchmen lied to the American people about Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq, and they continue to obfuscate the truth while their companies cash in, Iraqis suffer and American soldiers die.
    3. Bush is bad for business and the economy. He is only interested in enriching himself and his friends.
    4. Bush is bad for the future. He is compromising the prosperity of tomorrow's America by shortchanging today's children.
    5. Bush is bad for the environment.
    6. The Bush Administration has manipulated the media to the point of undermining the Constitutional guarantees of a Free Press.
    7. Bush has tried to undermine the United Nations, a democratic institution created in large measure by Presidents Eisenhower and Truman. Without even understanding what the UN does, Bush has called it "irrelevant" when it fails to fall in line with his dictates.
    8. Bush is inarticulate and projects a stereotype abroad of Americans being ignorant and myopic.
    9. Bush torpedoes global agreements on everything from racism and global warming to biological weapons and land mines, and then expects the world to line up behind him.
    10. Bush took positive patriotism and global support in the wake of 9/11 and forced it behind his own narrow self-interest in Iraq. He hijacked 9/11 for his own benefit.
    11. Bush stands against everything America stands for.

Source

So, has there been a worse one, apart from Jimmy Carter, of course?
    I'll bet you'd have been a sterling example of "Hitler Youth", had you been alive in the '30s.

You buy bullshit wholesale and eat most of it, while offering to share small lumps with others.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

There are still 2 years to go.

Dubya will show you that there's nothing he can't do.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post

There are still 2 years to go.

Dubya will show you that there's nothing he can't do.
    Here's the really funny part:

He'll need the complicity of a democrat legislature to do it.

I can't wait, actually.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I don't know about the worst president ever, but he certainly is the worst that I remember.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post
    I don't know about the worst president ever, but he certainly is the worst that I remember.

Which is certainly to Carter's advantage; his tenure was, to say the least, forgettable.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    I'll bet you'd have been a sterling example of "Hitler Youth", had you been alive in the '30s.
    What a ridiculous thing to say, another example of the way you attack the player when you have no intelligent answer.

You buy bullshit wholesale and eat most of it, while offering to share small lumps with others.
    From the king of bullshit, you've proved your gullibility from your total belief in WMD's to your refusal to admit your wonderful Reps have caused a civil war and mass instability in the Middle East.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast