Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm thinking about volunteering...

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    For 2K£ you could go to any corner in the world and stay there for a long time, have a great time and help those you wish to help.
    Especially africa, asia
    I have a friend who does social help for the government in Malawi and Botswana, I am meeting her next weekend, if you want i can ask her if there are any jobs available down there, and or what would be the best thing you could do.
    BTW what does that Ghana volunteer thing offer? What exactly will you be doing?
    You could also go to a Kibutz in Isreal. It's a popular thing to do, can be alot of work though, feeding chickens etc
    I have a friend who runs an art residency in Zambia, with housing etc if you want i could also ask him if there is anything which you could do which would really help the people down there.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Actually, I was thinking about teaching. I used to do some tutoring in high school and I really enjoyed being a trainer as well.
    I don't have the time to get an actual teaching degree, but I know enough to teach the basics of just about anything

3. Lounge   -   #23
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    ok i will ask around if you wish.
    Have you looked for teaching jobs abroad?

4. Lounge   -   #24
    nuclear propulsion

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Go for it Skweeky,do all you can before you settle down,you'll only live to regret it if you don't.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Just to clarify - you can get paid for volountary work. Just ask anyone in the TA (Territorial Army) That's volountary and they get paid, ...theres an idea skweeky join the TA and help out in Iragi / Afganistan in the rear with the gear though

They pay you, and it won't cost ya 2k

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Why go all the way to ghana when there's plenty of volunteering to be done in Scotland

8. Lounge   -   #28
    why come to scotland at all. it's a shit hole.
    there's two things in this life i hate; 1. Cultural discrimination and 2. Gypsies

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123