Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have You Heard About Kazaaplatinum

Poster
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@16 May 2003 - 04:16
    Well after Microsoft releases longhorn with it's new "security features" that will halt all dl'ing of copyrighted material, platinum kazaa will look pretty good.
    When Microsoft releases longhorn, some hacker is going to release LonghornLite, and then we don't need to worry about that.

OR

OS systems like LINUX will become more popular and give Microsoft a run for their money. Good things come to an end. They always do. And Microsoft will not always be on the top. But somebody will.

The problem with Microsoft, is that they keep releasing a new version of Windows to the point that they charge you full price for it, every time , and a lot of people just end up using last years version, because paying a lot for something, even if a release is every 2 years, just doesn't seem justified. You literally throw away your old (but still working) version of Windows. Money out the WINDOW (no pun intended).

A lot of people only remember how much they spent for Windows. "It was just a few years ago, and I spent $99.00 for Win98?, I ain't ready of XP yet!", they say.

Thank goodness I didn't pay $399.00 for the legal copy of Visual Basic 5.0 that I have, because the release of Version 6.0 came too soon for me to dump a huge wad of cash for that. Already Version 7 (the network version) is obselete.

For me to afford everything I want installed in my computer would require me to fork out an extra 4 to 5 thousand dollars a year. 4 to 5 thousand I don't have. Hence the reason most people share files, since they believe that the software companies aren't hurting in sales on something they never would have bought in the first place, because they don't have money to buy it.

"You can't lose profits on a crowd who wouldn't buy anyhow", is their secret theme hidden in the dark corners of their minds.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    ShockAndAwe^i^ : You really haven't been here long. I'm sure you don't know what we've been through. This is not just a place for fellow piraters to meet talk about what they've downloaded and such, but a place where you can feel comfortable. It's a secondary home (and to us post-whores ^_^ ), a haven of good times. If everything here was just about pirating and similar, I would've probably made at most one post telling everyone here to get a life.

Sorry for this flame (if you call it that), but the lounge is the best part of the board. Without it, you'd see Post-Whore & Company run around basically ruining every topic.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@15 May 2003 - 20:19
    This is a place where you guys start the most ridiculous topics on web.
    If I were running this forum this place would have no fucking home.
    It's a collosal waste of space and I personally think people come here to spam so they can raise there post count!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Btw, post counts don't mean a thing to us "veterans"

It's just there to make us look cool to newcomers. B)

4. Lounge   -   #14
    That DRM crap will only make the software less popular. What the companies don't realize is that when people pirate their stuff they get used to their software and don't want to use the competitor's products. So when they finally (not all) actually pay for a program, they'll buy their software. If they start adding DRM crap they'll just lose money. They don't lose money from the pirates since they wouldn't buy their products anyway (too expensive). DRM is just some hack they added to keep their stupid shareholders happy.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    the way longhorn is made will prevent ALL DL'ing.
    Read this post
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=30&t=34393

It's more than you think!
    It will be Impossible for something such as longhorn lite!
    IMPOSSIBLE!!!

btw spindulik I enjoyed your post but you have to read that post.
    I'm shure you will find it VERY informative!
    It's Evil.

oh yeah I was just trying to get you guys goin'

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    I wont even bother to look.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Don't

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    Allright
    I was wondering if anyone read that post?
    What do you think?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12