Thread: Cgi Help

I recently set up a website and now I want to use cgi. I can get the script to send the form to a hotmail account but I really need it to go to and aol. And when I try sending it to the aol account I get:

Error: Bad/No Recipient
    There was no recipient or an invalid recipient specified in the data sent to FormMail. Please make sure you have filled in the recipient form field with an e-mail address that has been configured in @recipients. More information on filling in recipient form fields and variables can be found in the README file.

I am using formmail as I was told this is a good script. Can anyone suggest anything as I don’t want to change the e-mail account and I also don’t want to keep using the mailto: function.

I was just told that aol dont like formmail is this true?

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    I cant see you getting a huge amount of help with cgi problems round here in a k-lite forum.

I would try a coding forum. they will have years of experience so will be alot more help.

and aol might not like the name of your email field i would try looking around to try to find it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Well, I'd suggest using PHP instead... i think it's more worth it to learn PHP and use it than to already know CGI and use it

But anyway, sry, can't help with CGI...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    php is pish so i have been told. not tried it personally even though i have to soon.

With cgi you get to choice between plenty of languages so i could use c which i already know or perl which is better at handerling strings.

since aol use cgi i think you may have to as well.