Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@16 May 2003 - 19:14
    70% of americans support our foreign plolicy including myself
    Really?

I don't.
    What are your sources? You chastise MN for stating as fact what you claim is unsupported opinion and then make a post like this?
    Sheeese...talk about a double standard.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Poster
    man don't be ridiculous!
    I'm going by the polls.
    It's all you can go by.
    Your part of the 30% and I respect your opinion.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Can I add a coffee break.

I actually find Shock and Awe to be a rather cathartic entity. It is nice to see a pro-America rant.

I am also heartened that Clocker and J2 have told him to pull in the reigns a bit to help his credibility and acceptabilty.

I have yet to see an anti-American rant countered in such a way, indicating that we (the Americans) are more concerned about intellectual honesty than the other side, we don't just blindly support those on our side.

Anyway, help me out

?-?-dark side of the moon-wish you were here-the wall-animals?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Originally posted by hobbes@17 May 2003 - 04:16

I have yet to see an anti-American rant countered in such a way, indicating that we (the Americans) are more concerned about intellectual honesty than the other side, we don't just blindly support those on our side.
    Here, we go again....making astounding assertions based on those posters who can actually be bothered to involve themselves in vitriolic attacks on a soverign nation's policies.

Surely, your remarks regarding intellectual honesty show a narrow approach that is merely an attempt to instigate further controversey and of course, to proliferate further argument.

If you were truly concerned with intellectual honesty, then surely to imply an American monopoly on the ability to counter argue in an articulate manner, whilst maintaining emotional distance and a non-partisan stance.....shows a narrow approach and lack of such an ability from the outset!

I expected a better argument from you of all people Hobbes!

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    I was not arguing, I was taking a coffee break, what are the first 2 Pink Floyd albums pictured? (the sig by shock and awe)

My assertions were pretty astounding, weren't they. "blush" And not the ability, but the desire.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    The first one is Atom Heart Mother....not sure about the second one.....Ummagumma?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Originally posted by sara5564@17 May 2003 - 04:51
    The first one is Atom Heart Mother....not sure about the second one.....Ummagumma?
    No, Relics

http://members.lycos.nl/floydianfan/Covers...lbum_covers.htm

I can't believe that you people don't spoon feed me everything I want to know.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Poster
    Look you guys
    I'm not anti European!
    I'm an American Thats really hurt by what I thought was a close friendship between the US and EU.
    But your right ...It was a rant.
    I had never been to this section and did'nt even know it existed.
    When I read all the anti American stuff coupled with the fact no one was even talking about the evil of the Iraqi regime...I lost it!
    Sorry

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@17 May 2003 - 14:27
    Look you guys
    I'm not anti European!
    I'm an American Thats really hurt by what I thought was a close friendship between the US and EU.
    But your right ...It was a rant.
    I had never been to this section and did'nt even know it existed.
    When I read all the anti American stuff coupled with the fact no one was even talking about the evil of the Iraqi regime...I lost it!
    Sorry
    Ah-good for you, Shock!

If you're serious, glad to have you-we don't waste time on certain types; we must think you can be redeemed so as to contribute, yes?

I went through a similar 'half-cocked' phase (you were about six pots of coffee past me, though) before I realized that first impressions gathered here, while certainly indicative, are never complete. I've gone to the mat many times in this forum, but, wonder of wonders, eventually I got around to the point where I would gladly suffer the company of my adversaries over a couple of drinks just to continue the debate. I would find THAT most enjoyable. B)

And, as much as it pains me to say, I've learned a few (very, very few) things from them.

In any case, history is continually bent and twisted by those who record it; we suss it out as best we can, and then we are left with only our perspective, which must count for SOMETHING-or nothing at all!

So we are left to 'persuade'. *

*I hereby beg the forbearance of my colleagues here in the event of any future rants perpetrated by myself in this forum or in any establishment we may by God's grace find ourselves imbibing adult beverages amid our debate.

(Okay, everybody, you can stop talking about him now)
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by j2k4@17 May 2003 - 14:19
    [
    *I hereby beg the forbearance of my colleagues here in the event of any future rants perpetrated by myself in this forum or in any establishment we may by God's grace find ourselves imbibing adult beverages amid our debate.

(Okay, everybody, you can stop talking about him now)

Your round, j2...

edited to reduce obnoxiously large photo (apologies to echidna)
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast