Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-mule Problem

krome's Avatar triplesix clubhouse
    I just installed E-mule, and when i started it up, it gave me an error saying a new file is being crated and then this big wide white box shows up and locksup my system,.... Anybody know why this happens or know how to fix this problem?

The new version of e-mule, im running windows98

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    sounds like it&#39;s hashing your files. You just have to leave it alone for x amount of minutes <dependent on your system resoursces>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    krome what a signature

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty&#39;s sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    I installed that emule too, and actually, I don&#39;t know what to do with it. A few times it told me my firewall was too secure. One time it lead me to a pay P2P site. All I wanted to do, was search and download some files.

I un-installed it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty&#39;s sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i give up, this thing causes to many illegal operations, blue screen of hell, and freeze - emle - sucks and i never used it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    krome, why don&#39;t u try bit torrent -- that&#39;s where i get a lot of my hard to find files
    including that Symantec Antivirus Corporate 8.1 you&#39;ve been trying to get.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Icebound@15 May 2003 - 18:15
    krome, why don&#39;t u try bit torrent -- that&#39;s where i get a lot of my hard to find files
    including that Symantec Antivirus Corporate 8.1 you&#39;ve been trying to get.
    don&#39;t know what u mean?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    It sounds like you downloaded the sourceforge version of emule. It&#39;s trying to install a dialer, which will make long distance calls and charge them to you&#33; Get rid of it and download the real emule from here...

http://www.emule-project.net/content.php?s=downloads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast