Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Privacy/cleaning Tools

Poster
    i havent tried window washer but ive tried evidence eliminator. the one i downloaded off kazaa installed OK. but one day after about a month of using it i tried to clean my system and was redirtected to thier website telling me that they knew i was using a their stolen software and that i was being reported to my isp which i didnt care but they also told me that they could make the program act as if it was cleaning my system but it really wasnt. so i just uninstalled it. so i dont recommend it but could they really do that to the program?
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Window Washer user; currently testing out CyberScrub.

Interesting comparison chart:

Comparison Chart
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    damn! looks like cyber scrub is THE shit. maybe i'll have to try that one too.
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by N£MO@16 May 2003 - 15:02
    Window washer is all you need,a great program.

I have heard bad things about evidence eliminator and it messed up my comp so i'd advise you not to use it.
    Ditto. Use EE with CAUTION. I tried it & it fu*ked up my system. I use Tracks Eraser Pro, gonna have a go at this WindowsWasher.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    I found Windows Washer also to be one of the best. As for Evidence Eliminator just do a search for " Robin Hood Software " nuf said about that really..

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    "cleaning all the crap"
    It's also important to not make crap !
    Most important thing is right browser-configuration .
    During surfing have Ad-watch running or webwasher.

Afterwards you can run the by others mentioned tools there is also SpybotS&D
    and WinsysClean most do the same job so take y'r pick.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    I downloaded CyberScrub then did the thing were it erases all your deleted stuff beyound recover and... well... my 700MB movie download on kazaa which was 500MB done failed. So it might have been a coincidence but I think CyberScrub messed up my download and I have to start over. Just a word of caution.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    was it just that one file? god that must suck i know i woulda been kickin my pc. being on dial up as i am.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    I only download a 5-10kbps and yeah it does suck . But that seems like the only thing it fudged up. I uninstalled it though cause I don't really need it.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by N£MO@16 May 2003 - 16:03
    The cracked version has also been found to dial home on numerous occasions.
    Yeah you have to be carefull with EE but it will definitley get rid of all tracks and then some.
    btw.It warns you that if you pirated it,it may just mysteriously stop working one day.
    So I think it does phone home but you can block it with a firewall.
    I hate progs that do that!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast