Thread: Mp3 Splitter

Poster
    Yo. I've got a lot of full albums in MP3 form and want to split them up into individual tracks. Can anyone please recommend a good program to split them? Thanks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    'cool mp3 splitter' is one .. im not sure where its from but google should find it .. also its a trial version

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    A hint you might or might not know.

Search "audio" for _ALBW.mp3 [the filename extension generates the most accurate results)

this is an albumwrap file. Download the freeware "ALBUMWRAP EXTRACTOR" (search google). They are (slightly) compressed files that usuallly have the entire contiguous album named and everything.

The only problem is a lot of people misname these, but about 70% are correct. I have several Gigabytes of ALBW files, they are usually higher bit rate. Usually wait until you find someone with a lot like me and download their whole folder.

Once I found albumwrap files, I never waste my time searching for individual music files...

Good luck

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Supernode's Avatar SWEDISH BT Rep: +1
    I wonder, if it is'nt a albumwrapfile, could it be a another type? Or Is it only a big file that an idiot made?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    mp3 direct cut is another one u can find it by searching google.com

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I tried a lot of them.
    Mp3 TrackMaker is the most simple Lossless splitter in my opinion.
    It does exactly what i want it to do, split (or join) mp3's.
    Just an exe, no installation needed.

Find it here and here

PM me if the second link doesn't help you

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    A hint you might or might not know.

Search "audio" for _ALBW.mp3 [the filename extension generates the most accurate results)

this is an albumwrap file. Download the freeware "ALBUMWRAP EXTRACTOR" (search google). They are (slightly) compressed files that usuallly have the entire contiguous album named and everything.
    Thanks, but I actually do already know this. Unfortunately, I've already got the full albums. Thanks, though.

On another note, the demo of Cool MP3 Splitter is a pain in the ass. You can only split each song file up into three tracks. I tried it before and liked it, except for that.

Thanks for the replies!