Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Job Interview!

WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    I beleive you!

We're looking to move out in July/August...that flat doesn't become available till then! We would love to live in Hillhead but there's a teeny weeny wee problem - MONEY!

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Got_brains?'s Avatar Poster
    gET uSED tO IT. mONeY Is aLwAYs A pRObLEM. wHOA. fUNKY wRItINg. cOOl.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Poster
    It's cheaper to get a nice flat in the leafy west end than to live in the city centre, look at the amount of students!! I lived here as a student, in a flat which, although certainly wasn't luxury accomodation, once we cleaned, painted and moved our stuff in was the coolest place. Aaaah memories........ Your so lucky, it's very exciting moving into your first place.
    Anyway, before you sign for this city centre place, shop around. Don't forget that although some of the old tenements may appear shabby inside, they can have great potential. Our landlord couldn't believe how nice we did our place up. As long as it's in good condition, that is windows, walls, kitchen and bathroom.
    Never go for the first place you see, look at as many flats as you can; that's how you get the nicest place. Looking at flats can be a real pain. Stick at it though, that's how you get the best place. As i said, loads of students will be moving out soon- you'll have rich pickings.
    The money issue. Well if you are all working then you'll be fine. Obviously you'll need to get a two months rent in advance, one for a deposit. After that just make sure you keep on top of things. If you get paid weekly put money aside, if monthly then pay all the bills before anything else.

If this is of any use then i could ramble on for ages.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    coo - good advice!

Since I won't be working till August (if I get the Glasgow Uni job) My bro and his Girlfriend will have to pay the rent and bills for the first month...so they're really calling the shots on which flat they like best. In late June, the flat-hunting will get pretty damn serious but we have to keep it from our parents just now...We check www.s1homes.com every single day to see what's available in July and i will be sure to take a walk up Byres Road.

It's all fun fun fun!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345