Thread: Sims Deluxe Edition Installed

Hi yall

I've just gotten Sims Deluxe Image files off e-mule .. Got them onto 2 cds using CloneCD .. and ran the installation. Everything looked good, got it installed but when I tried to run, I was prompted to insert cd rom. So I inserted the 1st Cd and after a while , I got an error saying : "Can't Locate CD - Rom ! Eject CD, reinsert and restart application." I've been doing that several times and I m still getting that message.

So is there anything else I m supposed to do before I can play the game. I have heard of the No-CD crack .. but have got no idea what that's for.

Would appreciate your help!

Faerie

2. Games   -   #2
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    No-CD patches let you play the game without the CD. This site has a large selection of them. You could also check the .bin files to see if they included a crack.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    yea, all you gotta go is replace the exe. file , with the nocd crack.

4. Games   -   #4
    Thanks for the suggestions guys , but i still cant get it solved.
    Went to GameCopyWorld but there isnt a no-cd crack for Sims Deluxe. :'(
    I have been looking at other forums too and i found that Sims Deluxe has got Safedisc V2.72 .. so far the patches availaible on the net for Safedisc protected games are up to 2.70 .. Perhaps the only way out is to know the proper way of burning the games onto the cd and I only know of one way , to use CloneCD that is. Just for your info, these are the files that i have

die.sims_deluxe.cd1.(clonecd)
    die.sims_deluxe.cd1.(clonecd).ccd
    Die.Sims_Deluxe.cd1.(CloneCD).img
    die.sims_deluxe.cd2.(clonecd)
    die.sims_deluxe.cd2.(clonecd).ccd
    Die.Sims_Deluxe.cd2.(CloneCD).img

I tried using my virtual drive to have the game installed and I tried playing , I could get it started , but after a while , the screen goes back to my desktop and the game disappeared just like that. Could it be its because of my puter's low system resource ??
    So now i m stuck with those files and backup cds that doesnt work. If any of you have got any suggestions on how i could go about burning the files and have the cds working , please .. i would really appreaciate it .. either that , or the no-cd crack for SIMS DELUXE. its safedisc version 2.72 !
    Thanks ! I hope to hear from someone soon!
    Having a paper tomorrow .. dang

5. Games   -   #5
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    See if there's a SafeDisc 2.72 profile for CloneCD out.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. Games   -   #6
    Hey, I tried burning it with CloneCD using the profile SafeDisc 2(.51)(AWS) that I got from another forum.
    I no longer have that problem where it kept asking me to insert Disc 1. So I suppose I got the burning right.
    But I m still having problem everytime Sims Deluxe gets to the Neighbourhood screen. Its always going back to my desktop!
    I dont seem to be able to get beyond that point at all.
    Does anyone know what is wrong ? and what can I do about it ?
    I could load and play with Sims Creator that comes in the cds .. but not the sims game .. ... so weird ....