Thread: Converting MPEGs to xvid

Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    What's the easiest/fastest way to convert mpegs to xvid? What programs would you guys recommend - preferably open source software.

Thanks for your help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I suppose VirtualDub could do it but it would be a lot easier using Total Video Converter.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks for your help. I'll check out Total Video Converter. Do I have to worry about the audio & video not being in sync after the conversion or does Total Video Converter take care of that? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to video & I get a brain freeze when I take a look at all of VirtualDub's options. I know its a great program, its just a bit out of my league.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by grchl3 View Post
    Thanks for your help. I'll check out Total Video Converter. Do I have to worry about the audio & video not being in sync after the conversion or does Total Video Converter take care of that? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to video & I get a brain freeze when I take a look at all of VirtualDub's options. I know its a great program, its just a bit out of my league.
    Sinse I started using Total Video Converter about 9 out of 10 videos have been synced. I guess it depends on the settings you got it on and how fast your processor is. The size of the video might also matter. I have been encoding music videos into DivX and other formats without really any problems. I love this program!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    That sounds great. This is exactly the type of program I was hoping to find. I was afraid I'd have to tinker with a dozen settings to output video that was half way playable. But Total Video Converter sounds like just the cure for my video phobia! Thanks very much.