Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: But he's a great player, so I guess it's okay

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Terrell Owens, professional jerk:

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2006Dec...llFeud,00.html
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    He lets his true colors shine again.

This probably won't get much recognition though as I assume the brawl last night on the basketball court will overshadow it.

yo

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    He was fined $35K today.

Whoopty-doo.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    He was fined $35K today.

Whoopty-doo.
    Agreed. Why not suspend him for a game?

It would amount to more money out his pocket and (cuz he's such a great player) a talent loss for his team.

$35K is like sending no sending message at all.

I imagine Hall would have felt better by decking him.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    He was fined $35K today.

Whoopty-doo.

It would amount to more money out his pocket and (cuz he's such a great player) a talent loss for his team.

I'd think that youngsters who (for better or worse) look at these guys as role models are more impressed with his actions than the fine.

In addition, the weekend brought us the idiocy of Isaiah Thomas.

He's always been a snarky little fucker, but this brawl bullshit takes the prize.

He should be banned from the NBA.

All the other participants distinguished themselves as well.

-Mark Twain

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

I'd think that youngsters who (for better or worse) look at these guys as role models are more impressed with his actions than the fine.

In addition, the weekend brought us the idiocy of Isaiah Thomas.

He's always been a snarky little fucker, but this brawl bullshit takes the prize.

He should be banned from the NBA.

All the other participants distinguished themselves as well.
    Fighting in general does not make one bad. For instance, J.R. Smith had a right to be pissed.

He got fucked up, jawed at the offending player, and then all hell broke loose because of little Nate Robinson. I understand brawling is bad but I understand Smith jawing and somewhat (and only somewhat) understand Jared Jeffries wanting to tear Carmelo's head off for the sucker punch on Collins.

I do also love the double standard people put on basketball compared to baseball and hockey.

I imagine part of it is due too the proximity of players to spectators. I imagine that's part of it.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Just thought it worth a mention:

I just had to look it up, but Romo was only charged $7,500 for spitting in JJ Stokes face.

yo

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    I do also love the double standard people put on basketball compared to baseball and hockey.

I imagine part of it is due too the proximity of players to spectators. I imagine that's part of it.
    I agree, as far as that goes, but basketball has the Kermit Washington/Rudy Tomjanovich deal to thank for that, I think.

Kermit fuckin' near killed Rudy with one punch.

There were physical dynamics involved in the throwing and landing of that punch that would be difficult to reproduce, but the fact is these guys have no protection whatsoever, and a "heat-of-the-moment" act is a much riskier proposition.

I didn't think it was the worst flagrant foul I ever saw, not by a long-shot, and I think it is obvious that Isaiah had something cooking and everybody on the court knew it; it was just a question of whether or not someone was gonna throw down the gauntlet and come down the lane.

Him and his Bad Boys flashbacks...I loved that team, and I loved Isaiah, but although I am no Michael Jordan fan (I appreciated his talent and play, for sure), I thought Isaiah played him cheap with that All-Star game crap, and the playoff snub when the Pistons wouldn't shake hands with the Bulls.

Cheap behavior from any perspective, and the little prick didn't even try to deny that he himself instigated all of it.

Several of the Pistons later intimated they'd been browbeaten into indulging his little snits.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

I just had to look it up, but Romo was only charged $7,500 for spitting in JJ Stokes face.
    How does that work out as a percentage of their salaries, though?

Was Romo making T.O. money?

-Mark Twain

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!

When was this?

Also I think Sean Taylor was charged $17,000.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

When was this?

Also I think Sean Taylor was charged $17,000.
    I believe it would have been early 90's.

@J2 - No, he certainly wasn't making TO money, but being as he was the best MLB in the game at the time, you know he was making some serious dough.

I don't believe that TO is making over 5 times what Romo was making to tackle (pun intended) your percentage question.

yo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast