Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more FREE TL invites...

delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    As a VIP I would receive 6 free TL invites every week. Being the kind soul that I am I thought it would be nice to hand them out freely to get the new peers started on what I think is a pretty good site.

Sadly enough though the 5 out of the 6 people I invited this past weekend were all caught cheating within a few hours of accepting my invites and signing up. I am fairly certain that I've invited cheaters in the past due to my loose invite giving but I never received a warning because of it. It would seem that the Admins at TL are a bit more strict now and I don't blame them. It is, in fact, my own fault.

This topic may seem pointless but I'm just throwing a heads up out there to all the people that give out TL invites, I know there are many as I see the threads all the time in the forum here. If the Admins truly are cracking down on bad invites and the people who give them, then I applaud them, it just means that the inviter needs to throw a bit more caution out there when inviting.

To all the cheaters out there.... I hope you rot in hell!!!

Also, this just goes to show what cheating does, it's a perfect example. You WILL get caught and then banned. Not only that, you taint the community and ruin chances for other, more trusted peers, to get in easily. Although if you're a cheater you could probably care less about any of this.
    Last edited by delimare; 12-18-2006 at 01:15 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    BANNED
    God forgive them
    some of PPl that i invites them were cheater and some of what i traded with them were cheaters too and put me in a bad situations with some PPL that i traded with them before.
    Last edited by Coldo; 12-18-2006 at 01:32 PM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    showbox's Avatar {Bye Bye AlL} BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    sorry 2 hear that ..... but i think u must take SS of ratio and we maybe make a Topic here ... about cheaters ... and ban them from here

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    nodzv's Avatar Decebal BT Rep: +5
    well the fault is of the sysadmins,
    they didnt warned you after the first cheater u invited
    if u had then a warning i think u wouldnt have given invites for free anymore
    even in the FAQ's they say u will get a warning first ... but no ... the Rules and FAQ are for the smal users to be respected not for the sysops/admin/mods... )
    they are just stupid ... but thats only my opinion, it reminds me of the times i have spend on irc @+ some years ago
    I get the facts, I study them patiently, I apply imagination. ~ Bernard M. Baruch

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by nodzv View Post
    well the fault is of the sysadmins,
    I see the logic behind that but I still take the blame. I became to careless and comfortable in my inviting. It finally caught up to me and bit me in the ass. They have a pretty big community to keep track of there, I can't expect them to slap me on the wrist every time I do a naughty thing. This last incident was probably the straw that broke the camel's back resulting in the warning. Fair enough though, I still have the account and I'm grateful.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    You give
    and they rip out your throat

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    You give
    and they rip out your throat
    right.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    5 out of 6 is pretty crazy have the cheaters targeted this place to get invites or what.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    direstraits's Avatar Out ta get me BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by captinmasr View Post
    sorry 2 hear that ..... but i think u must take SS of ratio and we maybe make a Topic here ... about cheaters ... and ban them from here
    i agree with captinmasr,,, you must put here their email/nick, fst admins will get their ass' out of every tracker they are in...
    im really sorry for what happened to you...
    afortunatelly, i've invited lot of people, no cheaters till now...
    greets

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Dr. Lecter's Avatar Zeppelin For Life BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    If u invited people from this forum & they cheated I think you should publish their nicks....
    cheaters r not welcome here !

AssuMption iS tHe mOthEr oF All fUcKuPs !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast